Suggestion - Enemy crew already deployed

General discussion about the game.
Epicje

Suggestion - Enemy crew already deployed

Postby Epicje » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:03 pm

Hello,

I'm pretty sure this has already been posted, but couldn't find it right away. If it is, please lemme know, or delete this topic, thanks :)

[This area contains some spoilers - you have been warned!]
So, I've been playing with the Crystal Cruiser (B) on normal for quite a few runs and successfully finished it, but in all fairness, these crystal dudes are rather OP. I teleport in their weapons section, lock the place down until the place is bust, then repeat the process on the dudes after the lockdown is over.

What I'm wondering, is if it's possible to make some adjustment / addon, where the enemy ship's crew is already at their station / post? It would make a lot more sense if they were already at their consoles, or the transporter room, rather than bunch up near the bridge (like with the final encounter). It would also give a bigger challenge overall, imho.
The same counts for their boarding parties ofcourse.

Lemme know if it's viable, reasonable, or already posted :)

Cheers
Megas Domestikos

Re: Suggestion - Enemy crew already deployed

Postby Megas Domestikos » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:05 am

Agreed.
Space Roman
nafuid

Re: Suggestion - Enemy crew already deployed

Postby nafuid » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:47 pm

Sounds reasonable, but not for the transporter room. The problem here is the computer would always win a cloak/board race. Currently both the computer and the player have an opportunity to cloak before being boarded. If the computer's boarders spawned in the teleporter then the computer could cloak and board before the player could do either.

On a side note, I appreciate that the hardest ship to unlock by far is a bit overpowered. If I want to play a challenging boarding ship there is always Slug B.