[Suggestion] Trade Fuel/Missiles/Drones

General discussion about the game.
Tekidek

[Suggestion] Trade Fuel/Missiles/Drones

Postby Tekidek » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:34 pm

So sometimes when we're playing, let's say the Rock A we get a lot of drones we won't use, or with the Engi A, a lot of missiles we don't want.

I wish we could trade fuel, missiles and drones for one another. Maybe a 2:1 ratio would be ideal; i.e you sell 2 missiles if you want 1 drone/fuel. :mrgreen:
Megas Domestikos

Re: [Suggestion] Trade Fuel/Missiles/Drones

Postby Megas Domestikos » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:43 pm

Aye. This is what this game definitely lacks. I play most of my games without using any missile weapons, and I usually have around 30-40 of them by sector 8. Would be nice to turn them into something more useful over time.
Space Roman
Milkshake

Postby Milkshake » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:10 pm

I don't think the game really misses it because there are events for it (EDIT: and a drone recovery arm as well to limit loss of drones), it is a way to limit the amount of scrap/ other recourses you can get.

If they were to add the fact that you can trade Fuel/Missiles/Drones I think that finding those recourses should be made more difficult.

I mean, this game is about using what you have, but in a smart way: if I were to be able to change out missiles for drones whenever I want, I wouldn't think twice about using all my drones every fight I get into. But the idea behind the resources is that you DO think about whether it is smart to use all your drones/missile launchers/bombs or not. (but as i said before, this could be overcome by making recourses slightly less common so you would be forced to trade between them).

I almost never run out of recourses because I try to spent them as wisely as possible, and I think that is part of the game.

Not trying to hate on the idea, just saying what I think about it:)
Tekidek

Postby Tekidek » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:26 pm

Milkshake wrote:I don't think the game really misses it because there are events for it (EDIT: and a drone recovery arm as well to limit loss of drones), it is a way to limit the amount of scrap/ other recourses you can get.

If they were to add the fact that you can trade Fuel/Missiles/Drones I think that finding those recourses should be made more difficult.

I mean, this game is about using what you have, but in a smart way: if I were to be able to change out missiles for drones whenever I want, I wouldn't think twice about using all my drones every fight I get into. But the idea behind the resources is that you DO think about whether it is smart to use all your drones/missile launchers/bombs or not. (but as i said before, this could be overcome by making recourses slightly less common so you would be forced to trade between them).

I almost never run out of recourses because I try to spent them as wisely as possible, and I think that is part of the game.

Not trying to hate on the idea, just saying what I think about it:)

Just increase the ratio to 3:1 maybe even 4:1.