In so much pain right now...

General discussion about the game.
ScottyDoesKnow

In so much pain right now...

Postby ScottyDoesKnow » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:55 pm

Never beaten normal before, everything was looking great until I realized something... None of my weapons can damage the hull... Tried to jump away to a store in the sector and time ran out before I got there.

Edit: Right click and open image in new tab to see the whole thing. Basically everything's destroyed except for the lasers and oxygen.
rannl

Re: In so much pain right now...

Postby rannl » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:22 pm

Damn shame buddy.... :cry:

Next time, if you dont get any damaging weapons, you can kill all the crew, let the AI take over the ship and then destroy all systems the AI has repaired for an additional 1 damage to the hull per system This will require you to sacrifce a boarder for each boss stage - as the boarder will go down with the flag ship when it jumps/blows up.

Congrats on getting to the flagship !

Keep on FTLing :twisted:
zarakon

Postby zarakon » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:22 am

The small bomb will do 1 hull damage each time it destroys a system. So you can do what rannl said, except by using the small bomb for the last point of hull damage you can avoid sacrificing a guy
Milkshake

Postby Milkshake » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:03 pm

Exactly the same thing happened to me: same ship, same load-out (almost exactly, down to the exact same bombs) but I had the luck of having a boarding drone.
Sent my boarders over to keep damaging systems and keep damaging hull very very slowly. Finished them off with a hit of the boarding drone. Still managed to lose 2 crew due to stupidity, but still won!