holy cow... How did this happen?

General discussion about the game.
ExtraCheesyPie

holy cow... How did this happen?

Postby ExtraCheesyPie » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:37 pm

http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/i ... een001.jpg

How did this gamestop reviewer manage to mess up this bad?
I hate FTL...

But I love it at the same time...
0evil_overlord0

Re: holy cow... How did this happen?

Postby 0evil_overlord0 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:50 pm

That's hilarious. Even though you were probably asking a rhetorical question, I was bored. Here's what happened:

The fire would have to have started immediately to do that much damage. The enemy ship must have run out of missiles at one point and been unable to penetrate his shields giving the fire time to spread. If he only had 1 crew member left, that would explain his inability to fight the fire. A second fire must have started in the door room due to a missile hit, preventing him from venting the ship. Otherwise the first fire, which started in the room next to the shield room (I can tell because of which section of the ship was vented.) Because the door to the larger vented room is closed, we can assume that the door room was hit after that part of the fire was extinguished. The relatively high hull of the enemy ship means that the first fire must have occurred when the rebel ship fired it's first missile and immediately spread to weapons, otherwise weapons would be vented and the enemy ship would have lost more hull points. The shield room must have gone down after the fire from the door room took out the medbay. At that point, the enemy ship began doing damage with it's heavy laser. The missile clearly only did one damage per shot because the engines are not on fire yet and the heavy laser would have done 2 damage. The ship would have to have started with about 20 hull points for this to happen, possibly more.
ExtraCheesyPie

Postby ExtraCheesyPie » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:20 pm

The sad thing is not even the fire burning all of his systems causing death by no hull would have killed him, he would have burned to death.
I hate FTL...

But I love it at the same time...
BKT

Postby BKT » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:16 am

Fire on a Kestrel_A with an active Lv.2 O2 + Lv.1 Door played by an inexperienced player?

IT BURNS! :twisted:
Farlark

Postby Farlark » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:24 am

My first impression is that the reviewer did it intentionally for the interesting screenshot. The early O2 upgrade is suspicious and was probably purchased just to fan the flames.

It's either that or the world's unluckiest newbie mistake.
TJJ

Postby TJJ » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:21 pm

Maybe it was just a very very long term strategy :lol:

- upgrade 02 system enough to fill the entire vacuum of space with O2.
- space ships no-longer needed.
- win.
Make Elite IV:Dangerous happen!
Pledge your backing at KICKSTARTER here!