FTL Suggestions

General discussion about the game.
TeamEXAngus

FTL Suggestions

Postby TeamEXAngus » Mon May 21, 2018 3:13 am

Ok so I have a bunch of suggestions for if FTL ever gets a major update.

Reactor Subsystem
Pretty self explanatory, but you can target the reactor to make it lose power. It might need a little bit of balancing, maybe 50 percent chance to avoid system damage. Manning bonus might be an extra power bar.

Bridge Subsystem
So this is where you as the captain sit. It starts at level 1, but if upgraded (for a LOT of scrap) everything gets a 1-5% boost (Weapon charge, movement speed, drone repair, etc). If it’s destroyed, no systems can be remotely controlled, meaning they can’t be used unless a crew member is in the room. Most systems would still function, for example, weapons will still charge, and fire if they have a target, but no power can be added or removed. This would also probably need 50 or so percent chance to avoid system damage.

All Systems are Mannable
This would make all systems be mannable and would make crew management more interesting. I have ideas for most systems.
Drones: Faster re-build, extra health, control over ship-board drones
Hacking: Longer hack, stronger hack
Mind Control: Control mind controlled enemies
Artillery: Same as weapons, aiming?
O2: Faster refill, Vent any room?
Battery: More power, faster recharge
Reactor: Extra Power
Bridge: 1-5% faster everything

Zoltan Stuff
If a Zoltan is standing in shields when you jump, you get a one layer Zoltan shield.
If you’re out of fuel, your Zoltan crew member can create the energy equal to 10 fuel (so you get 10 fuel), but might die.

Pirates
Pirate “species”
Replaces humans on pirate ships. Has 1.1x damage, movement speed, repair speed, and skill level up speed.

Playable Pirate Ship
Unlocked by doing some pirate quest. Design could be based of Captain’s Edition pirate cruiser. It would have a wide range of crew species. Also would have illegal weapons (I’ll get to that later)
Augment: Pirate Markings. Allows you to destroy & loot/steal from civilians.

Illegal Weapons:
Bought in Pirate Sectors
Super Expensive
OP but require lots of power
Makes all Engi and Zoltan hostile
Examples:
Flak mk III
Vulcan mk II

Passive Systems
Systems that provide a small boost to your ship, similar to Subsystems.
Crew Quarters: Higher Level makes crew slightly better at everything
Cargo Bay: Allows you to switch weapons and drones mid-battle (you can re-order them mid-battle, so it doesn’t seem to crazy)

That’s all from me. If any one of these made it into the game I would be over the moon! Also, share your suggestions please!
FTL ProjCoal team

Re: FTL Suggestions

Postby FTL ProjCoal team » Mon May 21, 2018 2:31 pm

TeamEXAngus wrote:Ok so I have a bunch of suggestions for if FTL ever gets a major update.

Reactor Subsystem
Pretty self explanatory, but you can target the reactor to make it lose power. It might need a little bit of balancing, maybe 50 percent chance to avoid system damage. Manning bonus might be an extra power bar.

Bridge Subsystem
So this is where you as the captain sit. It starts at level 1, but if upgraded (for a LOT of scrap) everything gets a 1-5% boost (Weapon charge, movement speed, drone repair, etc). If it’s destroyed, no systems can be remotely controlled, meaning they can’t be used unless a crew member is in the room. Most systems would still function, for example, weapons will still charge, and fire if they have a target, but no power can be added or removed. This would also probably need 50 or so percent chance to avoid system damage.

All Systems are Mannable
This would make all systems be mannable and would make crew management more interesting. I have ideas for most systems.

Zoltan Stuff
If a Zoltan is standing in shields when you jump, you get a one layer Zoltan shield.
If you’re out of fuel, your Zoltan crew member can create the energy equal to 10 fuel (so you get 10 fuel), but might die.

Pirates
Pirate “species”
Replaces humans on pirate ships. Has 1.1x damage, movement speed, repair speed, and skill level up speed.

Playable Pirate Ship
Unlocked by doing some pirate quest. Design could be based of Captain’s Edition pirate cruiser. It would have a wide range of crew species. Also would have illegal weapons (I’ll get to that later)

Illegal Weapons:
Bought in Pirate Sectors
Super Expensive
Examples:
Flak mk III
Vulcan mk II

Passive Systems
Cargo Bay: Allows you to switch weapons and drones mid-battle (you can re-order them mid-battle, so it doesn’t seem to crazy)

That’s all from me. If any one of these made it into the game I would be over the moon! Also, share your suggestions please!

have you ever heard of API making, or modding?
Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Mon May 21, 2018 2:47 pm

FTL ProjCoal team wrote:
TeamEXAngus wrote:Ok so I have a bunch of suggestions for if FTL ever gets a major update.

Reactor Subsystem

Bridge Subsystem

All Systems are Mannable

Zoltan Stuff

Pirates
Pirate “species”

Playable Pirate Ship

Illegal Weapons:
Bought in Pirate Sectors
Super Expensive
Examples:
Flak mk III
Vulcan mk II

Passive Systems

have you ever heard of API making, or modding?

dude he's like new to the game he probs doesn't know about apis

also most of his posts are in mod dev lol
killin' slugs and beating Rebels since 2014, modding the game since 2016
TeamEXAngus

Postby TeamEXAngus » Mon May 21, 2018 10:12 pm

Mods and stuff are cool, but I thought that Vanilla FTL would be better with these. That's just my opinion though.
TeamEXAngus

Postby TeamEXAngus » Mon May 21, 2018 10:35 pm

Stormbringer wrote:

Ok I know what an API is, but I'm super new to modding. Also, since I'm too new to use the PM system, yes.
Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Tue May 22, 2018 1:15 am

TeamEXAngus wrote:
Stormbringer wrote:

Ok I know what an API is, but I'm super new to modding. Also, since I'm too new to use the PM system, yes.

okay, I can help you with modding- add me on discord kek I'll send you me profile- and also an invitation to Project Coalition
killin' slugs and beating Rebels since 2014, modding the game since 2016