Djinn's Spriting Warehouse

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding.
Djinn

Re: Djinn's Spriting Warehouse

Postby Djinn » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:57 pm

Working on some concepts for Xenesis's Riptide mechs:
Image Harpoon Mech
Image Launch Mech (A few designs)
ImageImageImage Several iterations of the Whirlpool Mech!
Djinn

Postby Djinn » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:09 pm

The Whirlpool Mech actually gave me a lot of trouble - I liked the concept, but it didn't really... work? For one thing, it was an Artillery Mech, which the last design didn't convey at all. So I tried a few different ideas.
ImageImage Tentacles and guns! But still not cannon-y - or whirlpool-y - enough. So... Image
And finally, we're left with these concepts. I still haven't put them ingame, but at least they're sprited up!
And I also am considering making my own Squad - another, different one from Mr. Reaper up there - and came up with this fellow and his two friends.
Djinn

Postby Djinn » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:41 pm

New squad! Worked on neozoid's Neo-Machina!
Image Concepts! I don't know if the gun is big enough.
Image Got them ingame and played around with them... and realised the Ion Mech (the orb guy) was actually a flier! Oops!
Image Small tweaks, and now they're done.

Working on a crazy concept, a whole other army of plant-based Vek (in this timeline they're plants instead of bugs, okay? Chaos theory!), but before that I made a concept for a super powerful single mech with two retainers that can basically only support the primary.
The buildings can grant the big guy another action, and can be upgraded to grant additional bonuses alongside it. Just, you know, added to the enormous pile of ideas.
Djinn

Postby Djinn » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:52 pm

Djinn wrote:New squad! Worked on neozoid's Neo-Machina!
Working on a crazy concept, a whole other army of plant-based Vek (in this timeline they're plants instead of bugs, okay? Chaos theory!)

So, yeah.
Djinn

Postby Djinn » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:02 pm

I mentioned earlier a squad in which there's one active mech and two support mechs that can grant it extra turns. I still don't know how to CODE that, but I have the sprites ingame atleast!
Surely it can't be THAT hard! Right?

Right!?
Robert Scythe

Postby Robert Scythe » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:18 pm

Hey, Djinn, I have been enjoying playing Arfy's and others' mod squads that you have contributed spritework to. Awesome stuff. One thing, though, I am having trouble with your link for the Riptide squad. It states that The archive is either in unknown format or damaged. I really want to play this squad but I prefer to use your sprites for that original look and feel.
Djinn

Postby Djinn » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:35 am

Robert Scythe wrote:Hey, Djinn, I have been enjoying playing Arfy's and others' mod squads that you have contributed spritework to. Awesome stuff. One thing, though, I am having trouble with your link for the Riptide squad. It states that The archive is either in unknown format or damaged. I really want to play this squad but I prefer to use your sprites for that original look and feel.

How odd! I rezipped it for ya: Riptide
Robert Scythe

Postby Robert Scythe » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:21 pm

Thanks a lot!
TrustworthyWulong

Postby TrustworthyWulong » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:01 pm

Could you maybe send me the sprites for that last one? (The Big Guy and the 2 Supporting retainers) I'd greatly appreciate it!
Djinn

Postby Djinn » Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:39 pm

TrustworthyWulong wrote:Could you maybe send me the sprites for that last one? (The Big Guy and the 2 Supporting retainers) I'd greatly appreciate it!

Here you go! It seems increasingly unlikely I'll have time to do much more work on it in the near future anyhow, so have at it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6tbwrk9daeo7y07/img.rar?dl=0