I hope this is the right place to post ideas.

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding.
WalterRR

I hope this is the right place to post ideas.

Postby WalterRR » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:51 pm

Hello folks, Walter here.

I've been bashing my head out in anger on this game for some time now. It irritates me, then i just keep playing it. Hah. Hah. Haa.. Brilliant move, devs, make a game so frustrating you want to keep playing ;p lol.

I have not yet seen all items or weapons, or even mecha, so do let me know if this is already a thing. But as follows are my thoughts on mecha.

Elmer's Squad: Designed around sticking it to the Vek, literally.

Tube Mech: HP same as Laser mech. Move, same as Boulder mech.
Attack 1: Spray Cannon: Sprays in a 1-3 line range the same webbing the Vek use to hold them in place.
Useable every turn.
Attack 2: Paste Bomb: Deals a 2x AOE (Similar to that annoying four-way push.) In all directions to stick them in place.
2 uses per battle.

Sticker mech: HP same as Jet Mech. Move same as Jet Mech.
Attack 1: I'm Rubber you're glue shield. Can cover up to 2 buildings at once. Attacking Vek take damage dealt, shield destroyed after.
Useable twice per turn.
Attack 2: Paper Wad: Deploys boulder like boulder mech that does 2 dmg to one target but the boulder captures the first Vek to wak within a 1 square AOE (Similar to how the market has an AOE effect that damages the vek/anything else.)

Flytrap mech: HP same as Pulse mech. Move, same as Laser mech.
Attack 1: Dissolver beam: deals damage/range like the basic beam weapon for laser mech but does 1 pt DOT for 2 turns.
-Cannot have Ally Immune mod
Attack 2: Sticky Spear: Similar to Hook mech attack, however, throws target in a 2x1 arc, dealing 1-3 dmg when land minus armour min 0 dmg.
Usable twice per battle.
WalterRR

Re: I hope this is the right place to post ideas.

Postby WalterRR » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:33 am

Weapons/Equipment Suggestions:
====================
I've been playing mech games since 1999. So, here are a few ideas off my head and dusty memories.

EQUIPMENT SUGGESTIONS:
Double Hull plating: Passive. Give all mechs +1 hp and reduce incoming damage by 1 pt to a min of 1.
-
Double Density Reactor: Counts as two reactors in terms of power, when mech is destroyed blows up in a 1x1 AOE in four directions.
-
Beam Focusing Chamber: When added to a mech with a beam type weapon, gain +2 resist grid damage when firing through buildings.
-
Plasma Injector: When added to a mech with a beam type weapon, the weapon gains a +1 DMG and deals +1 DOT similar to 'Acid' for 1 turn.
-
Progressive Sensor Array: Passive, when equipped all mechs gain +1 move.
-
Shield Absorption Array: Requires 1 Reactor. When equipped all mecha with shields gain +1 HP to shield and +1 HP to mech.
-
Breach Calibration Generator: Requires 3 Reactors. When equipped all mechs gain +1 move after attacking and heal 1 HP.
-
Temporal Attractor: Requires 2 reactors. Increases the chances of a Pod landing on a map by 15%

WEAPON SUGGESTIONS:
Coming soon. There are so many weapons right now though I have a few thoughts.
stylesrj

Re: I hope this is the right place to post ideas.

Postby stylesrj » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:03 am

Sounds like some great ideas there; although I'm not sure if certain ones can be implemented like that Temporal Attractor increasing the chances of a pod arriving... even if it could work, it'd be rather useless in application due to the fact that pods land whenever they feel like it. You'll also get a pod on the last battle before the boss if a pod hadn't dropped on the island... then there's stuff involving the hidden pods in mountains or ice, etc.

However, on the ITB Discord, there are some active brilliant modders there who can help you with your squad and weapon ideas and discuss balancing options, etc.
https://discord.gg/FQAvYxu