[Tool] ITB Mod Loader

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding.
kartoFlane

Re: [Tool] ITB Mod Loader - v2.3.4

Postby kartoFlane » Sat May 11, 2019 12:15 pm

Added a quick release to fix two issues reported by several people.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
kartoFlane

Re: [Tool] ITB Mod Loader - v2.3.5

Postby kartoFlane » Sun May 26, 2019 2:26 pm

2.3.5 - mostly bug fixes, some minor additions.
kartoFlane

Re: [Tool] ITB Mod Loader - v2.4.0

Postby kartoFlane » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:41 pm

2.4.0 - includes a couple bug fixes and several new features, most notably a way to force the game to save, as well as helper functions added durectly on the Pawn userdata object (in particular, IsArmor() function) and modsInitialized hook, which allows for some additional operations that need to be done to ensure cross-compatibility for some mods.
Vodka124

Postby Vodka124 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:45 am

Not to sound like a broken record, and I know you probably don't frequent this forum anymore; but do you know of any updates for the mod loader that is Mac compatible?

It has been a year since the last post on here, so I'm wondering if anybody has taken the task to re-write the llc files using python~

Thank you for working on this mod loader, and I hope to hear from you in the future!
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:31 pm

Hey, I very much do still frequent this forum... Or rather, visit when I get a reply notification :)
Unfortunately, there have been no developments on the Mac front. I don't really see how python relates to the mod loader, seeing as the game itself is written in C++, and scripting is done in lua, but I don't have any experience with python, so maybe there's something I don't know.
Vodka124

Postby Vodka124 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:25 am

Oh alright, I didn't really know, since I'm very much new to modding and programming in general XD

As it is sad to hear there isn't much known for the development of the dll library transferred over to the source code of Mac, I am still pleased to know that you still frequent this forum whenever possible or upon replies~
Hopefully, when we both understand C++ and python fully, one of us will be able to crack it probably.

All in all, Thanks for the reply dude!

Stay frosty :mrgreen:
nafeij

Postby nafeij » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:45 am

Hi kartoFlane, I am encountering a bug on v2.4.0 which causes the game to crash after deploying on an island (specifically, the boss island) and before the Vek's first round of movement. The error.txt file logs the following line:

Code: Select all

./scripts/mod_loader/altered/missions.lua:21: attempt to get length of field 'QueuedSpawns' (a nil value)

It persists even when there are no mods loaded. Game is on version 1.1.12.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:47 am

Sorry for not replying earlier nafeij, I must've missed the post notification... Did you upgrade the mod loader while you had a run in-progress?
kartoFlane

Re: [Tool] ITB Mod Loader - v2.4.1

Postby kartoFlane » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:53 am

2.4.1 - several stability improvements and bug fixes - most notably the bug with pilot portraits in the hangar overflowing when you had a lot of pilots enabled. Minor API additions
Tycho X

Re: [Tool] ITB Mod Loader - v2.4.1

Postby Tycho X » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:22 am

Bump for Mac users.

I've been trying to wrap my head around installing mods for ITB for several hours now. So many of them look so fantastic, however, they do all require this mod loader.

I've tried installing Wine; no success, tells me I need Bison 3.0.0 or newer, which I tried installing, unsuccessfully. It led me down a rabbithole of things I needed to install and I couldn't get it to run. Next, I got Mono for Mac, and though the installation seemed fine, I was unable to figure out what part of the mod loader to run next?

Hardstuck and it's very frustrating. Might attempt to manually install some of the more simple mods... :?