Timeline Attack ?

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding.
acoma

Timeline Attack ?

Postby acoma » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:40 am

Hello everyone !

I've been thinking about a mod that would be a series of multiple timelines to save one after another. Between each timeline you'd keep your pilots, abilities and mechs with their upgrades... I dont know if anybody else would be interested in this, it could be something like "Can you defend ten timelines in a row, with the difficulty increasing to hard halfway" for example.

I have no experience in lua or C but know php and python and am willing to learn...I've never modded a game before either so this would be a way for me to learn all this.

Do you guys think this is possible ?
It would require to :
1. Add a menu entry
2. Tinker with the savefiles (I've already spotted most of the necessary data in those)
3. Not count towards unlocking achievements

On a side note I have very little spare time so this would be a very long process and I'm not sure I'd reach the end of it but it could be a fun way of stepping into lua and modding...

Any pointers to help me start off in the right direction ?

Thank you
4n4rch1st

Re: Timeline Attack ?

Postby 4n4rch1st » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:38 am

If it is possible, it would be very, very, very hard to make. If it is possible. But it might be (I'm more terse in FTL modding).
Well done war hero and or olympian. We are satisfied by your contribution to The Rebellio- BZZZZT Hey! That's the clone bay, not a bathroom.

Fact: Now with 110% more snarkyness!
acoma

Postby acoma » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:39 am

Thanks for the reply !
What's the biggest issue you'd say ? The menu entry or having lua modify save files (if it can at all, I don't know the language) ?
Xenesis

Postby Xenesis » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:05 am

I would say don't worry about 3.

If someone's screwing around with mods, they'll already be likely to have the vast majority of the achievements and are wanting something new/fresh to play around with (unless it's some serious QOL mod improvements that some games get) and if someone hasn't, then letting them earn achievements on what's basically an ironman gauntlet sounds pretty fair :P

I'd feel pretty cheated if I didn't get my successive final battles with a pilot challenge if I'd just won a multi-timeline gauntlet TBH!