Prototype Lua mod loader

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding.
Dovahkick

Re: Prototype Lua mod loader

Postby Dovahkick » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:52 pm

kartoFlane wrote:The ui and squads folders are located in ITB/mods, but should be in ITB/resources/mods.

That's what I was thinking, that's the cause of the error.
But what trully bothers me is that the "FTL Pilots" mod doesn't work when I put it in the "Mods" file in ITB/Resources/Mods. Again, it doesn't show any error, it launches the game properly, it loads the "modloader" mod as it should...but the "FTL Pilots" mod doesn't work.
But now that I think about that, maybe it's the mod itself that is not compatible because the last activity about this one was 5 months ago in the forum.
https://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=34111&p=121085#p121085
In that case then, I should check with other mods.

Edit: Ok, so I've tested your "Mission Pack" mod, added it to the "Mods" file and it did not work either. So the mods are not out of date, it's the "Modloader" who doesn't recognise the mods installed.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:52 pm

Wait, where are you putting the mods? Mods you want to install go in ITB/mods directory. ITB/resources/mods is used to store resources (images etc.) used by the mod loader. If you put mods there, they're not going to be detected.
You can easily check if a mod has been detected by going to Mod Content > Configure Mods in main menu. It will show up in the list and you'll be able to click on it to enable/disable it.

Also, generally speaking, all mods are compatible, even if they're several months old. I think that all mods released after around April 2018 use the new mod loader, and I take some care to make the mod loader backwards-compatible.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
Dovahkick

Postby Dovahkick » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:37 am

kartoFlane wrote:Mods you want to install go in ITB/mods directory. ITB/resources/mods is used to store resources (images etc.) used by the mod loader.

Oooh, so I have to make a new "Mods" file to the ItB file! That was very confusing, because I did not know I needed to create a file named "mods" in the "ItB" file since there wasn't any except the one in "Resources".
Now the mods are working properly, mission accomplished!

Thanks for helping me figure out btw, I'm gonna try them out.