[Squad] Terran Mechs (v1.0.1) - Currently being fixed for AE

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional.
Truelch

[Squad] Terran Mechs (v1.0.1) - Currently being fixed for AE

Postby Truelch » Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:26 am

Terran Mechs
The numerous parallel timelines created a breach to the Koprulu System!
A Squad of Terran Mechs has been trapped and fights its way back to the Terran Dominion!

Advanced Edition
I'm currently fixing the squad for Advanced Edition:
- Updating LApi to latest version: I use LApi for this mod, but the game still gets updates after AE release, and LApi needs to be updated for each version
- Bug (already fixed): after reset turn, Mechs didn't kept the mode they had at the start of the turn

Download
Latest version: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Squad

Hell Mech
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Viking Mech
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Crucio Mech
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Transformation mechanic
To transform your Mech, click its weapon. A button will appear on the right of the weapon, allowing you to switch between forms.
Important: you cannot switch form after moving. But you can switch as many times as you want before moving.

Achievements
Image Heaven's Devils: Ignite an ally on fire to ignite 3 enemies.
Image Trench War: Finish a turn without taking Grid Damage nor moving Mechs while there are at least 3 non-frozen enemies on the board.
Image Transformers: Complete a mission where every Mech changed form every turn.

Showcase
Kinda old showcase, but it's very similar to current version gameplay-wise: https://youtu.be/OjaKTPWwAbo

Acknowledgements
Thanks for the Discord community, especially Lemonymous for all the help and ATLAS for the FMW library!
Special thanks to rumaiscute for his numerous tests and propositions! (I haven't forgot the +1 HP you proposed on the Hellbat, I just need to make it work!)

Versions

Code: Select all

Changelog
Version 1.0.1:
- Imported Lemonymous' modified FMW lib

Version 1.0.0: Release!
Last edited by Truelch on Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
You can find my mods here.
Watch the showcases and some other stuff about my ItB mods: here.
Power Of Geass

Re: [Squad] Terran Mechs (v1.0.0)

Postby Power Of Geass » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:42 pm

Nice, with this mod and the mod of "Bots & Bugs" i can fuse my favorite games together.
By the way, dont you think it wolud be better if, in the transformation mechanic, you make everithing faster by removing the first click in the weapon and the second on the transform button and you just let the form 1 and 2 always there? Or it cant be done?
Ps: if you dont know how to make the hellbat have 1 extra live you can always give it armor
Truelch

Re: [Squad] Terran Mechs (v1.0.0)

Postby Truelch » Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:20 pm

Nice, with this mod and the mod of "Bots & Bugs" i can fuse my favorite games together.

Hehe yeah, it gives Heart of the Swarm vibe :D

By the way, dont you think it wolud be better if, in the transformation mechanic, you make everithing faster by removing the first click in the weapon and the second on the transform button and you just let the form 1 and 2 always there? Or it cant be done?

Unfortunately, this behaviour is done with FMW and I can't customize the way you describe it (afaik).
What I did earlier (before using FMW) was to change mod by hovering the Mech, but it was counterintuitive.
But there's (configurable) shortcut to change mods faster ;)

Ps: if you dont know how to make the hellbat have 1 extra live you can always give it armor

Well, that's what I intended to do at first. But adding / removing some status (like armored, fire immune, etc.) messes with pilots' skills.
But I may take a look again in the future =)

Thanks for your comment, I hope you are having fun with them. (and don't encounter too much bugs *cough cough*)
Truelch

Re: [Squad] Terran Mechs (v1.0.1) - Currently being fixed for AE

Postby Truelch » Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:57 am

DianeLewallen wrote:I love this mod so far :)

Thank you DianeLewallen!
But be aware that my mod wasn't updated for AE yet ; I assume you're using a pre-AE Into the Breach?
I'll update them at some point in the future, but I'm pretty busy atm :p