[Missions] Island Missions

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional.
tosx

[Missions] Island Missions

Postby tosx » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:13 am

Adds new missions unique to each island.

This mod adds 10 new missions; 2 that are unique to each island, and 2 that can appear anywhere.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

The last 2 missions can appear on any island, but will only appear once in a given run.

Image Image

Download modpack version of all my mods - requires mod loader 2.7.2 or later to function.
Mod Loader - originally made by Cyberboy2000 and continued by kartoFlane.

Special thanks to Lemonymous, for the battleship sprite and creating the Swimming code.

Code: Select all

v0.15 (modpack v1.07 and later)
- Added 4 new island-specific missions (1 per island).
- Added 2 new generic missions (any island, but only once per run).

v0.13 (modpack v0.09 and later)
- Fixed another swimming icon offset issue with the Battleship in newer modloaders (may cause incorrect offsets again in older versions of the modloader, so update!).

v0.12 (modpack v0.08 and later)
- Fixed a preview bug with the Portal Tender in the Detritus mission which could leave invisible units blocking portal spots.

v0.11 (modpack v0.02 and later)
- Update that should fix the random SwimmingIcon ui crash some folks have been seeing (I haven't been able to replicate it).
- Going forward, I'll only upload mods in modpack form; if you don't want all my mods, it's easy to extract only the ones you want and delete the rest, or disable them.

v0.10
- Update for modloader 2.6.0 (achievement UI update) and modApiExt 1.14 (fixes Psion Tyrant viewing bug)

v0.09
- Fixed an apparent 1.2-related issue where the Battleship's Swimming icon appeared offset when viewing its statuses.

v0.08
- Update to latest modApiExt to improve compatibility with other mods.

v0.07
- Detritus mission: Prevented player from placing both anomalies on the same spot, and minorly buffed Portal Tender so it can trigger a teleport instead of moving anomalies.

v0.06
- Made clearer tooltips and icons for the Detritus mission to show when obstacles or stable units won't teleport or will destroy something.

v0.05
- Added some additional precautions to prevent a bug with the Battleship creating water tiles when you target its attack (reason unknown).

v0.04
- R.S.T. mission: Minor update to conduit tile sprites in case surrounding terrain changes.

v0.03
- R.S.T. mission: Minor update to prevent Vek from spawning on the broken conduits.
- Detritus mission: Reduced Portal Tender's movement from 5 to 4.

v0.02
- Tweaked a few maps to move difficult buildings.
- Detritus mission: Tweaked bonus objectives with an eye to avoiding it ending up as a 3-reputation mission.
Last edited by tosx on Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:42 pm, edited 16 times in total.
bamalf

Re: [Missions] Island Missions v0.01

Postby bamalf » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:36 am

Cool! Will there be new missions for Miridia island?
Image Image Image
tosx

Re: [Missions] Island Missions v0.01

Postby tosx » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:17 pm

I wasn't planning on it; the existing Meridia missions are super creative, and I haven't played them as much as the vanilla missions to have ideas for gaps I could try to fill. If I ever have ideas, I'll talk to the mod creators.

As for the 4 missions above, please note that as of release (v0.01), I've tested them pretty well for functionality, but not really for balance. It's possible some objectives are too easy/hard or (more likely) some maps are too easy/hard, especially later in the game. All balance feedback is appreciated! If you have comments about a particular map, screenshots (or pulling the map name from your save file) would be very helpful.
blah2001

Re: [Missions] Island Missions v0.03

Postby blah2001 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:10 pm

Ive had a play with this, and its certainly staying in my loaded mod!. Very enjoyable missions, particularly the Teleporter anomaly and storm towers. They both created a lot of interesting scenarios, particularly when playing Steel Judoka or similar.
That Juggernaut mission is tough, though! :D
tosx

Postby tosx » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:52 am

Glad to hear :D
Power Of Geass

Postby Power Of Geass » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:21 pm

blah2001 wrote:Ive had a play with this, and its certainly staying in my loaded mod!. Very enjoyable missions, particularly the Teleporter anomaly and storm towers. They both created a lot of interesting scenarios, particularly when playing Steel Judoka or similar.
That Juggernaut mission is tough, though! :D

You read my mind jajaja
tosx

Re: [Missions] Island Missions v0.15

Postby tosx » Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:29 am

Update! The latest version of my modpack adds 6 new missions to this mod.
clerafel

Postby clerafel » Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:10 pm

Hi, Im new in this game. It's awesome. But i have a problem. The game say script error when activating island missions. I have ITB modloader v2.7.3 on version 1.2.83.
Say "failed to load mod "island mission" with id "tosx_island_missions": tatata.../scripts/personality.lua48: attemp to index local "self" (a nil level)"
tosx

Postby tosx » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:53 pm

I just updated the modpack about an hour ago, which should fix this error; I believe you can also fix it by unlocking all pilots, if you haven't already.

If you run into any other issues, feel free to drop by the ItB discord and ask in the modding channels, you'll get pretty fast responses usually.