[Squad] Zero Dawn

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional.
tosx

[Squad] Zero Dawn

Postby tosx » Mon May 06, 2019 3:05 am

These semi-sentient Mechs exist in a strange balance with each other.

Thunder Mech
Zeta Cannon: Fires a piercing barrage that damages all targets in its path, and pushes behind the shooter. (1 damage.)
- 1 core: +1 damage to last tile.
- 3 cores: +1 damage to all tiles.

Earth Mech
Force Loader: Fling units on 3 adjacent tiles away from Mech, damaging them. (1 damage; 3 tiles are in a line on one side of Mech.)
- 2 cores: Flung units push whatever they hit.
- 3 cores: +1 damage.

Tall Mech
Navigation Relay: Command all Mechs to push in the same direction. Upgrade to command other actions.
- 1 core: Mechs can be commanded to charge 1 tile.
- 3 cores: Damage self (3 damage) to allow other Mechs that have acted this turn to act again. (They gain one attack action, only if they've already attacked; if they hadn't moved, they'll gain a move as well.)

Download modpack version of all my mods - requires mod loader 2.6.1 or later to function.
Mod Loader - originally made by Cyberboy2000 and continued by kartoFlane.

Code: Select all

v0.16 (modpack v0.02 and later)
- Fixed Achievement secret rewards and made them forward compatible with hopeful future modloader updates.
- Going forward, I'll only upload mods in modpack form; if you don't want all my mods, it's easy to extract only the ones you want and delete the rest, or disable them.

v0.15
- Update for modloader 2.6.0 (achievement UI update) and modApiExt 1.14 (fixes Psion Tyrant viewing bug)

v0.14
- Fixed secret reward's ability; previously didn't apply its buff to weapons that moved their targets (charge/teleport/leap).

v0.13
- Added KnightMiner's palette library.
- Hopefully fixed a missing animation with the secret reward's weapon preview.

v0.12
- Updated the weapon preview library; old version could occasionally show incorrect previews.

v0.11
- Fixed upgrade names for patch 1.2 compatibility.

v0.10
- Update to latest modApiExt to improve compatibility with other mods.

v0.09
- Secret reward now works properly in final phase of the last island.
- Secret reward no longer increases 0-damage effects to deal 1 damage.
- Added mod option to disable secret reward if desired.
- Secret reward should no longer cause harmless warnings after mod is disabled.
- Added additional achievements.

v0.08
- Added dialog to go with Island Missions mod.

v0.07
- Weapons are now properly added to the shop when the shop mod option is enabled.

v0.06
- Slight buff and some graphical improvements to the secret reward.

v0.05
- Fixed Doomed Navigator achievement trigger (would trigger after killing one enemy instead of 2).
- Tweaked Barrage achievement to something easier/less random.

v0.04
- Removed Thunder Mech's Coolant Rupture upgrade and shuffled some of its starting damage into that upgrade, to make the early game a bit more balanced.
- Add squad achievements and a secret to unlock for completing them!

v0.03
- Reduced Earth Mech's damage upgrade to 1 damage (still costs 3 cores).

v0.02
- Buffs to both damage upgrades.
- Replaced Tall Mech's Confuse upgrade.
- Made Thunder Mech's Coolant Rupture better.
- Changed Earth Mech's attack pattern (this squad has trouble with enemies diagonally adjacent to them).

I put a 4-island Hard run with v0.6 on Youtube here.
Last edited by tosx on Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:42 pm, edited 26 times in total.
Jumbocarrot0

Re: [Squad] Zero Dawn v0.01

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Mon May 06, 2019 6:26 am

Graphics look amazing for the most part, but the Tail Mech’s head look a bit, off. It looks more like a flat disc then a head tbh.
Djinn

Postby Djinn » Mon May 06, 2019 10:06 am

Jumbocarrot0 wrote:Graphics look amazing for the most part, but the Tail Mech’s head look a bit, off. It looks more like a flat disc then a head tbh.

These are all based on designs from Horizon Zero Dawn, in which the tall mech explicitly has a flat disc for a head!
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Mon May 06, 2019 10:34 am

Djinn wrote:
Jumbocarrot0 wrote:Graphics look amazing for the most part, but the Tail Mech’s head look a bit, off. It looks more like a flat disc then a head tbh.

These are all based on designs from Horizon Zero Dawn, in which the tall mech explicitly has a flat disc for a head!

Ah, okay. I thought it was an animal-like theme, and it was meant to be some sort of giraffe.
Last edited by Jumbocarrot0 on Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
tosx

Re: [Squad] Zero Dawn v0.02

Postby tosx » Wed May 08, 2019 2:28 am

I've gone ahead and uploaded v0.02, with some tweaks (almost all to their upgrades). They do make them stronger overall (I had a rather crushing game). The most likely ones to revert would probably be Earth Mech's attack pattern, and maybe further changes to Coolant Rupture if this proves too strong.

v0.01 is still available too, if anyone messing with them still wants to try it.
Demagod

Re: [Squad] Zero Dawn v0.03

Postby Demagod » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:31 am

Hi, I've noticed that the push from the Earth Mech does not cause Vek/Mechs to bump into obstacles when they are pushed. Is it intended?
tosx

Re: [Squad] Zero Dawn v0.03

Postby tosx » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:27 pm

Yes, it's intentional.
tosx

Re: [Squad] Zero Dawn v0.05

Postby tosx » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:40 am

Just updated the mod to v0.05; has some balance tweaks (minor Thunder Mech nerf), and custom achievements!

Thanks to Lemonymous for providing the achievement API as part of his & Djinn's Into the Wild mod. I'm still new to using it, so please let me know if you find any bugs with the achievements or the secret reward!

v0.03 is still in the download folder in case anyone finds major bugs or doesn't want to be my guinea pig.
narD

Re: [Squad] Zero Dawn v0.12

Postby narD » Mon May 18, 2020 1:44 am

Hard 4 Default Weapons Only
Gameplay video.

https://youtu.be/zVGgQBjo43M
tosx

Re: [Squad] Zero Dawn v0.14

Postby tosx » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:52 pm

Found a very old bug with the secret reward; the ability had no affect on weapons that involved a charge/leap/teleport prior to damage. Updated the code so it should now be smart enough to handle those types of weapons, even with nested moves.