[Pilots] Cauldron Pilots

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional.
rebel flagship

Re: [Pilots] Cauldron Pilots v1.07

Postby rebel flagship » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:22 am

I got a bug where on an Archive mission with the mines, on the very first turn a Vek stepped on a mine next to Simon Coil and then the spawned spiderling was immediately used by the enemy AI to do unavoidable grid damage. It also happened again after a reanimated spiderling spawned during a Vek turn due to a Spider (a non-alpha one that tosses out eggs) dying via blocking a Vek spawn point.
tosx

Re: [Pilots] Cauldron Pilots v1.07

Postby tosx » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:33 pm

Thanks for the report, I will look into that. I think I know the issue.
tosx

Re: [Pilots] Cauldron Pilots v1.08

Postby tosx » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:57 pm

I believe that issue should be fixed. Thanks for reporting it!
tosx

Re: [Pilots] Cauldron Pilots v1.11

Postby tosx » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:54 pm

Besides my ongoing bug fixes (it seems every move that responded to attacks would bug with various combinations of pushing/charging/etc, and trying to find and fix them all has been a huge pain), I made a relatively large addition: pilot traits.

These may conflict with other mods that also want to show traits, so they can be disabled.
tosx

Re: [Pilots] Cauldron Pilots v1.12

Postby tosx » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:12 am

The 1.2 patch released on April 20, 2020 has broken some of the pilots with repair abilities. Mark Savage and Earl Deckard will crash the game if their repair tooltips are viewed, while all repair ability descriptions are currently not appearing (you'll just see the default repair name/description).

I'm going to hold off patching this for a bit until I have time to investigate the ability names (or someone else finds a fix); in the meantime, either don't use Savage/Deckard, or just don't mouse over their repair tooltips.

If anyone finds anything else that broke with the patch, please let me know! Same for my Island Mission mod or any of my squad mods.

---

Update: Thanks to Lemonymous, repair abilities are all working properly again. Also a slight buff to Earl Deckard's ability while I was at it.
tosx

Re: [Pilots] Cauldron Pilots v1.14

Postby tosx » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:22 pm

Somewhat major bug fix for dialog. Apparently the way I was injecting pilot dialog broke with the 1.2 patch, which was causing issues with dialog references. This affected vanilla dialog as well. It should now be fixed, and I included compatibility with a future modloader update that will address this in a better fashion.

NOTE: If you have other pilot mods that use an old personalities.lua file to inject their dialog, they may also need to be updated or disabled. I'm guessing other pilot mods (at least older ones) probably used this method, and will have the same bug.

UPDATE: Modloader 2.5.5 fixed this issue; you'll need to update this mod to v1.15 to work with that version.
Cookieboat

Re: [Pilots] Cauldron Pilots v1.15

Postby Cookieboat » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:00 am

Hey @tosx, this is really awesome! I was a little disappointed by the size of the pilot roster in the base game, so I was stoked to discover your mod and am having a blast with it :) your sprite art is wonderful too! Thanks for putting work into this! <3
tosx

Re: [Pilots] Cauldron Pilots v1.16

Postby tosx » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:45 am

v1.16 has a pretty major code restructure, so please let me know if you run into bugs (although the restructure massively simplified and cleaned up the mod, so I'm hoping it's all good).

Also, a general update: I'm only going to be uploading my mods as a single modpack .zip for the foreseeable future; it saves me a lot of time when doing mass updates. The whole thing is still pretty small, and it's easy to delete or disable the mods you don't want.

ALSO as mentioned in the change log, the infrequent, harmless crashes when progressing to phase 2 of the final mission should hopefully be fixed, thanks to Lemonymous! There is a minor update to the ReplaceRepair library that fixes the bug, so other mods that use it: you may want to update.
Rickdan

Re: [Pilots] Cauldron Pilots v1.18

Postby Rickdan » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:42 pm

Hi!
Can someone explain me the Athena (turtle) pilot? Give me an example how the bump damage of Athena works, because will trying the game I couldnt figure out :(

First, it only works with the Mech the turtle is using, or works to all the squad Mechs?
Second, I dont understand what the enemy must be doing to my mech in order to receive more bump damage?? Confused here, maybe an example could help clarify. Thanks!!
tosx

Re: [Pilots] Cauldron Pilots v1.18

Postby tosx » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:06 pm

If an enemy takes bump damage from Athena's mech, the enemy will take 1 extra damage.
Here's a short video example: https://streamable.com/2qx4wn