[Pilots] Cauldron Pilots

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional.
Rickdan

Re: [Pilots] Cauldron Pilots v1.18

Postby Rickdan » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:29 am

Hi!
Thanks, now I see! :)

You had lots of work doing all the characters ,squads, etc! I am playing with them and enjoying the squads!

SPOILER (Dont read the next thing guys if you want to find for yourself new stuff about the mods):

I found a building (?) in your mods, unlocked with a squad. Dont know yet where it is or how to use it but seems interesting!
tosx

Re: [Pilots] Cauldron Pilots v1.24

Postby tosx » Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:18 am

FYI for anyone using this or any of my mods, I will be updating them for AE, but probably not until ~Sep 2022. Until then, some things are broken. The Paradox Core and Cauldron Pilots mods will need to be deleted from your mods folder, as they cause issues even when disabled. I believe my other mods work fine, though I may rebalance core costs slightly for AE when I get around to fixes.

Update 2022-09-05
I've added a tosx modpack v1.01a to the linked Google Drive folder. It contains everything but Paradox Core and Cauldron pilots cleaned up for AE 1.2.79 and modloader 2.7.2; those last 2 are very ITB-version dependent and will take longer to update.

Known issues:
- The Zero Dawn secret pilot doesn't work with 2-click weapons yet
- The Cargo mech will cause a soft lock if you manage to kill a stored unit during the end of turn steps; currently only possible to my knowledge if you have a Psion Tyrant and the Psion Passive
tosx

Re: [Pilots] Cauldron Pilots v1.25

Postby tosx » Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:33 pm

I've updated my modpack to v1.02, which brings all my mods up to date for AE. There were a few sacrifices, but I wanted to get things largely working. Some notes:

In general:
- Cauldron Pilots and Paradox Core do not use LApi for now, since that library is in flux with AE. I plan to reimplement it to improve some things in the future.
- A few weapons (Eclipse Autoloader, Windriders Cyclone Launcher) are now 2-click weapons to be more in keeping with AE precedent.
- Weapon core costs have generally been reduced by 1 to match AE precedent.

Cauldron Pilots:
- Ezekiel Gray skill is useless with Technician. My hope is that we'll eventually have access to the "pilot can't get certain skills" code; until then I haven't found a good workaround, so it will just be an unfortunate combination.
- Amelia Espada's skill is made less interesting with the addition of Technician, so I'm hoping to replace it with something more unique, once Memedit gets added to the modloader.