[Enemies] Bots'n'Bugs v2.0.11 (NOT updated for ITB 1.2)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional.
Kuawt

Re: [Enemies] Bots'n'Bugs v2.0.11

Postby Kuawt » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:12 pm

Maybe I remember it wrong. I'll take PrintScreen next time in that situation to chack again. :D
Kuawt

Postby Kuawt » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:37 am

This mod really improve the game much, so I give a deep thought about the mod balance. :D
Most new Vek in this mod is set to Elite in default(Only Roach is Core). Only one kind Elite appears in second island battle,so the player who prefer to only fight two islands to finish the game will enjoy much less new Vek variety. Of course, player can set more Elite to Core in mod configuration to improve that, but that may cause some frustrate experience. Because that all new Vek normal form cause more trouble than vanilla core Vek, the first island battle will be more diffcult if most enemy are new Veks, and vanilla Mech teams don't have efficient way to deal with a group of new Veks(such as when nearly full HP 2 Roaches & 2 Swarmers & 1 spitter on the ground and more ready to pop out in next turn) without upgrade, so player may suffer great loss at first island.
To my thought,for increasing the early game variety with keeping the game difficulty curve smooth, some Elites should be set to Core in default, and their normal forms be nef to match vanilla Veks. With new elements to be more balance, the mod will be more fantastic and polular. Here is my suggestion:

Normal Swarmer(set to Core in default mod configuration)
HP: 1
Move: 3(Original:4)
Range: Melee
Damage: 1
Special Abilities:
Always spawn in pairs.
Count as half a unit for counting how many new units to spawn.

Normal Roach
HP: 2
Move: 3(Original:4)
Special Abilities:
Spit A.C.I.D. at it's target after moving.(Original:'before attacking'. The disrcription 'before attacking' make player mistake the Roach only spit on the turn that causes damage.)
(Remove Armor ability. Maybe remove Armor for Alpha&Boss too, because it's hard to beat the boss with armor in first island battle.)

Normal Spitter(set to Core in default mod configuration)
HP: 3
Move: 3
Range: 2 tiles(Original:Infinite)
Special Abilities:
Deals double damage in melee.

Normal Blobberling(set to Core in default mod configuration)
HP: 2
Move: 4(Original:5)
Special Abilities:
Always explodes on death, damaging all adjacent tiles.

:idea: Inspired by your inventive Vek, I get some idea about new Starcraft Vek, if you still have interestiong to create more.

Normal Drone/Alpha Drone/Boss Drone (Core in default mod configuration)
HP: 2 / 3 / 4
Move: 3 / 3/ 4
Damage: 1 / 2 / 3
Boss: Yes
Special Abilities:
Normal - Burrow earth fracture(pop normal core vek next turn) under it after attacking, then withdraw from the battle.
Alpha - Burrow earth fracture(pop normal core vek next turn) under it after attacking.
Boss - Burrow earth fracture(pop normal core vek next turn) under it after attacking, then move to one nearby empty tile to burrow again.

Normal Lurker/Alpha Lurker/Boss Lurker (Core in default mod configuration)
HP: 1 / 3 / 5
Move: 3 / 3/ 3
Range: Melee/ 2 tiles/ 3 tiles
Special Abilities:
Attack damage anything in a row.
Immune mobile colliding damage.( When Lurker gets collided, play withdraw and pop animation to make it looks like dig in to avoid bash then dig out.)

Normal Defiler/Alpha Defiler/Boss Defiler (Core in default mod configuration)
HP: 2 / 4 / 6
Move: 4 / 4/ 4
Range: Melee/ 2 tiles/ Infinite
Special Abilities:
Normal - Reduce target's max HP limit by one after attacking, stack on, the debuff cancels after this battle. Don't work on building.
Alpha - Reduce target's max HP limit by two after attacking, stack on, the debuff cancels after this battle. Don't work on building.
Boss - Reduce target's max HP limit by two after attacking, stack on, the debuff lasts to this time line end. Don't work on building.

Normal Scourge_Cluster/Alpha Scourge_Cluster/Boss Scourge_Cluster(Elite in default mod configuration)
HP: 2 / 4 / 6
Range: Infinite
Damage: 2 / 2 / 3
Special Abilities:
Fly
Lost one HP after attacking for sending part of the cluster to this suicide attack.

Normal Guardian/Alpha Guardian/Boss Guardian (Elite in default mod configuration)
HP: 2 / 4 / 5
Range: 2 tiles/ 3 tiles/ 4 tiles
Damage: 1 / 2 / 2
Special Abilities:
Flying
Artillery attack.
Normal - Increase one attack damage for every adjacent unit that has HP, stack on.
Alpha - Increase one attack damage for every unit that has HP in two tiles range, stack on.
Boss - Increase one attack damage for every unit that has HP in three tiles range, stack on.

Psion Devourer/Boss Devourer (Psion in default mod configuration)
HP: 2 / 4
Move: 2 / 3
Range: Infinite
Damage: 0 / 2
Special Abilities:
Flying
All other Vek get Flying ability.
Psion - Target and units adjacent target get maneuvre decreased by one for one turn after attacking. Debuff lasts one turn and dosen't stack on, self and friendly unit immune.
Boss - Target and units adjacent target get maneuvre decreased by one after attacking. Debuff lasts as long as this boss survives, dosen't stack on, self and friendly unit immune.

Psion Queen/Boss Queen (Psion in default mod configuration)
HP: 2 / 4
Move: 2 / 2
Range: 0
Damage: 0
Special Abilities:
Flying
Psion - Whenever a friendly unit which default HP is above one dies, a Swarmer is born on that unit's location.
Boss - Whenever a friendly unit which default HP is above one dies, a alpha Swarmer is born on that location.
Lemonymous

Postby Lemonymous » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:42 pm

Thank you for the feedback!
Those are some interesting ideas, but I prefer it how it is.

I consider this mod to be complete and have no current plans to change it, with the exception of errors and crashes.
Kuawt

Postby Kuawt » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:06 pm

Thanks for your clear coding, I just edited the lua file successfully, reduced the movespeed one of normal Blobberling&Swarmer, removed Armor from all Roached. As for Spiter, the code of its range attack is really beyond my comprehension, so I just reduce its HP one. Then I set them all to be Core in initial setting.
May I get your permission to public this editing method and further balance editing I may have after playing more, for someone who may have the same balance purpose?
Lemonymous

Postby Lemonymous » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:57 pm

Personal edits are completely fine, but I don't feel this thread is the right place to post them.

You could make a fork of the mod on github and refer your friends there.
Kuawt

Postby Kuawt » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:55 am

OK :D