[Enemies] Bots'n'Bugs v2.0.11 (NOT updated for ITB 1.2)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional.
Avaritica

Re: [Enemies] Bots'n'Bugs v1.3.2

Postby Avaritica » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:27 am

Bug report: On this mission, any attempt to target that blobberling or even just selecting it crash my game.(Targeting the adjacent tile with siege mech works though)

Edit : Killed the blobberling by targeting adjacent tile with siege mech. Next turn, new blobberling appeared and selecting or putting cursor on it again crash my game.
tosx

Re: [Enemies] Bots'n'Bugs v1.3.2

Postby tosx » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:37 am

Figured I'd post some more Garden Psion thoughts here, rather than the Discord, so that they're easier to ignore if you choose :)

Regarding 1.3.1 Garden Psion that deals "fire damage". I still haven't played it yet, as I'm in the middle of a bunch of testing runs for other stuff.

My understanding is that the pros are:
- Communicates to the player that they don't have to worry about vines killing fire-immune NPCs like the train and convoy.

In my view the cons are:
- Vines dealing "fire damage" is thematically weird.
- Calling it "fire damage" is mechanically weird. I wouldn't entirely know what to expect from this. I'd expect it to go through armor and not double, which it sounds like you can code, but...why doesn't fire damage actually SET units on fire? Why doesn't it light forests (I assume vines have never lit forests? Never checked)?
- It gives one squad (Behemoths) an advantage. And they already largely ignore the armor psion, too.

Other ways I could think of to deal with the original NPC issue, along with some pros/cons:

A: Remove "fire damage" from the psion, and instead hack the relevant NPCs to give them a new status immunity, "vine immunity".
- Pros: The psion text gets simpler. The vine damage gets more thematic. Flame Behemoths are more balanced. Units (including other mods, I assume) can be given vine/fire immunity independently.
- Cons: Harder to code (I assume). Harder to for other mods to code (I assume). Creates a new status for players to read (I view this as a minor con, but others may feel different). Modifies NPCs that players are used to.

B: Remove "fire damage" from the psion, and have its text say "does not damage NPC units".
- Pros: The vine damage gets more thematic. Flame Behemoths are more balanced. Simple.
- Cons: Essentially creates a status without an icon (not an uncommon thing for mods, but still).

C: Remove "fire damage" from the psion, and just let players deal with it as far as trains/convoys.
- Pros: The psion text gets simpler. The vine damage gets more thematic. Flame Behemoths are more balanced.
- Cons: Maybe less balanced and more frustrating. Although since you made it easier to "wall off" the vines, maybe it's okay?*
*Could you adjust the psion's targeting scores so it stays farther away from NPC units? Would ensure players had a turn to get between vines and NPCs.
Lemonymous

Re: [Enemies] Bots'n'Bugs v1.3.3

Postby Lemonymous » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:52 pm

Thanks for the feedback.

Blobberling should no longer crash the game.
Garden Psion now doesn't mention that it cannot hurt fire immune units.

Added some tutorial tips to convey some unique behavior instead.
Lemonymous

Re: [Enemies] Bots'n'Bugs v2.0.0

Postby Lemonymous » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:23 pm

Just released a big update (2.0) with many new additions:
New enemies: Spitter, Wyrm, Crusher, Floater and Colony.
New bosses for Swarmer, Spitter, Wyrm, Crusher and Floater.
New playable Mechs: Techno-Swarmer, Techno-Roach, Techno-Spitter, Techno-Wyrm, Techno-Crusher.

If anyone has any issues, I'll try to sort them out as soon as possible.
Any feedback beyond that would also be great.
tosx

Re: [Enemies] Bots'n'Bugs v2.0.1

Postby tosx » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:22 am

Minor typo: Needle Spine (weapon) has it's in the description, should be its (the word is an exception to the usual apostrophe-for-possessive rules; a very annoying exception).
Lemonymous

Postby Lemonymous » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:41 pm

Thank you tosx, I always get those mixed up.
I'm sure there are some bigger bugs though, so I'll wait a little before updating.
tosx

Postby tosx » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:25 pm

Another question/comment, the Kaizer Blades (weapon) doesn't preview bump damage if the center tile is empty, even if the two outer tiles have units and they will take bump damage. Haven't poked through the code, but since neither ends up in the middle I'm guessing you're doing something behind the scenes. I know at one point I messed with a version of the Eclipse Force Mech's weapon that pulled units toward an empty space and I think I was able to get a proper preview by doing something like:
A) Setting up pushes as normal
B) During actual execution, spawning an invisible unit in the middle space

I may be misremembering, but if you want the code I can try to dig it out.

---

Other similar typos:
TIPS:
Blobberling tip: its attack, not it's attack
Swarmer_Frozen/Swarmer_Dead tip: its attack, not it's attack
Creep_Death tip: its creep, not it's creep
Colony_Atk tip: There's an "its", also one sentence refers to colonies plural, the other singular. Should probably be consistent like : "Colonies change their target dynamically. They will always target Mechs before buildings.

ENEMIES:
Floater, lmn_FloaterAtk1: its, not it's
Lemonymous

Re: [Enemies] Bots'n'Bugs v2.0.2

Postby Lemonymous » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:26 pm

Edit2: These issues are now fixed in the latest version - 2.0.3

Edit: This version seems somewhat unstable, so I must take a closer look at it before 2.0.2 will be ready.

Original message:
Thanks again Tosx!

Version 2.0.2 is up.
Rare somewhat problematic issue with Kaizer Blades has been fixed.
Typos are hopefully solved now.
Weapon previews of Techno-Roach and Techno-Crusher has been improved.
Kuawt

Re: [Enemies] Bots'n'Bugs v2.0.11

Postby Kuawt » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:43 am

This is a great mod, thank you for the effort. In my last game experience, the Auto-Shields passive skill (Buildings gain a Shield after taking damage) didn't work right seemingly when the advance Swarmer( which can attack twice) attacked. The two Grid buildings in one block were all destroyed after the advance Swarmer attacked. Shouldn't it be that after the Swarmer attacked first time, one of two Grid buildings destroyed, Shield up to protect the one Grid building that left, Swarmer attacked again, Shield broke, left one Grid building still safe.
Lemonymous

Re: [Enemies] Bots'n'Bugs v2.0.11

Postby Lemonymous » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:56 pm

Thank you for liking the mod!

Your experience is quite curious. In my tests (with only BnB enabled) the Passive Auto-Shields does in fact work after the first attack, shielding for the second.
Maybe there is a mod incompatibility somewhere?
If you want to, I could look into the issue for you, but I would require a bit more information about your current setup. You can find me as Lemonymous#6212 on discord for a bit easier troubleshooting.