[Squad] BioResearchers

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional.
cmd1095

Re: [Squad] BioResearchers

Postby cmd1095 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:11 am

So this is definitely one of the more interesting squads I've played in my recent foray into modded squads. I love the concept and playstyle, but quickly realized there's some minor issues with it that I think could be rebalanced pretty easily

So when I first play a new squad I always start with a normal difficulty run to learn the ropes, and I think that actually wrecks this squad, because if there isn't an alpha vek to control, normal vek don't have the firepower to kill each other effectively and the squad quickly gets overrun with sheer numbers. On Hard mode this isn't an issue, since alphas are abundant, but for other difficulties this becomes crippling (especially if you fight the spider leader, I was making the run work until that fight, then got very quickly overwhelmed)

I think this could probably be fixed by giving one of the mechs the passive thing that boosts vek damage against each other. This would also solve the drop-off in effectiveness in the late game on hard mode where there are many alphas, and they lack the firepower to kill each other effectively. That extra damage also opens up more interesting plays by controlling a vek and moving it to intercept an enemy shot, which gets amplified so you can kill your pawn after using it.

Of course, this is just a suggestion from someone who has no modding experience, so take it with a grain of salt, obviously I'm no authority on squad balance. Either way, love the squad, and I'll be playing it much more in the future.
Protostar909

Re: [Squad] BioResearchers

Postby Protostar909 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:50 am

The main 2 bugs I've noticed.

1. When killing a psion with the Disintegration Mech, the psion will still act on the Vek. This is probably the biggest bug

2. It only happened in a few circumstances, and I'm not entirely sure how, but when the conversion mech tried to convert a vek that was webbing it, it glitched out , showed the missing vek texture, and wasn't really controllable at all. It's more niche than the first one, but it's still bizarre.
Creator of the Yeet Translation. Protostar909#2344 on Discord.