Restoration of lost save files

Discuss problems and suggestions related to the Into the Breach here.
milko7002

Restoration of lost save files

Postby milko7002 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:08 pm

So, I maxded out game like year ago: unlocked every achievement on every squad and unlocked every pilot including ftl ones. I instaled game again today and my save files are gone, propably i lost them during format and cloud save didn't worked. Any idea how could i restore it? Or maby is there someone who could send me teir copy of maxed out profile? I would be greatefull for any help. Tanks
gbdrbob

Re: Restoration of lost save files

Postby gbdrbob » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:41 pm

On what platform do you own the game? GOG let you download your cloud saves for backup (click the "Extras" tab on the game's page in GOG Galaxy).

Unfortunately if you have played the game since you reinstalled and something went wrong with the sync, then your old cloud save has probably been overwritten.

For future reference/manual backups you can often find the location of where game save files are stored on the PC Gaming Wiki: here is the entry for Into the Breach The windows versions store saves in

Code: Select all

%USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\Into The Breach\

The Epic store version doesn't support cloud saves at all. This can be worked around with GameSave Manager - it has a feature called "Sync & Link" that helps you to symlink the save directory to somewhere else on your drive. If you link to the same cloud synced folder on all your PCs (e.g a dropbox folder) then you get DIY cloud saves! Just don't play the game simultaneously on two of your machines.

If you want to unlock all the squads without playing again for hours, I found some instructions via a google search (note I haven't tried them so your mileage may vary)