Problems launching / Game Crash on Start - Possible solution

Discuss problems and suggestions related to the Into the Breach here.
isla

Problems launching / Game Crash on Start - Possible solution

Postby isla » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:27 am

We have just released a beta version of the game designed to resolve this crash on Steam and GOG.

Please contact us to let us know if it helps or not. Or contact us if you've already refunded the game and cannot try the new version.

To access the Steam version:
1. Go to your Steam Library
2. Right click on "Into the Breach" then select "Properties"
3. Go to the "Betas" tab, then under "Select the beta you would like to opt into" select "beta - Testing for unverified fixes". You do not need a code to access the beta.
4. In the Local Files tab, press 'Verify Integrity of Game Files' to force the update
5. Click the "Close" button
6. If you see the game name turn blue and download an update, it should be ready to go. Otherwise you may need to update Steam.

To access the GOG Version:
1. Go to GOG Galaxy
2. Click on "Into the Breach"
3. Under "More" select "Settings" (Next to the green "Play" button)
4. Enable Beta Channels
5. Select "Beta"
Matthew
Site Admin

Re: Problems launching / Game Crash on Start - Possible solution

Postby Matthew » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:35 pm

Update to this: These fixe are now part of the main branch and you do not need to switch to the Beta. Let me know if you have any problems with it.
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
tutri

Postby tutri » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:20 am

Hi,

Bought the game last weekend on GOG.com, installed v1.0.20, the game still crashes on start. Feedback sent by email.
tutri

Postby tutri » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:58 am

Hi again,

I found the reason for the crash: Comodo Firewall was asking permission to let Into the Breach access the internet, but it was in Silent Mode so I couldn't see the notification. This was so obvious a reason that I was absolutely sure I had checked it right when the problem occurred for the first time...Oh well! The game now launches from GOG Galaxy without problems.
isla

Postby isla » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:26 am

tutri wrote:Hi again,

I found the reason for the crash: Comodo Firewall was asking permission to let Into the Breach access the internet, but it was in Silent Mode so I couldn't see the notification. This was so obvious a reason that I was absolutely sure I had checked it right when the problem occurred for the first time...Oh well! The game now launches from GOG Galaxy without problems.

Thank you for the update! I'll keep an eye open in case this happens to anyone else.
ntz

Postby ntz » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:10 pm

Hello,

bought the game on GOG, no matter what I do, I am unable to start version setup_into_the_breach_1.1.22_(25018).exe (or same using GOG galaxy) in wine in linux .. I have wine-4.21

> WINEPREFIX=$HOME/.wine.win10 wine Breach.exe
No settings file found

can you please do something with it ? it's generic error

regards, ntz