Reset turn brought me back to previous mission

Discuss problems and suggestions related to the Into the Breach here.
babar

Reset turn brought me back to previous mission

Postby babar » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:33 pm

During a mission, I did a reset turn during first turn.
Then, in the following mission, I did a reset turn at some point (I don't remember which turn), and it brought me back to the exact same point in previous mission where I did a reset turn during first turn.

Sorry for the lack of details, it happened yesterday. It happened only once even though I played a lot !
isla

Re: Reset turn brought me back to previous mission

Postby isla » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:32 pm

Thanks for the heads up! We'll keep an eye open for this one.
Dmlest

Postby Dmlest » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:35 pm

Same thing for me! Happened twice, the reset goes back a full mission, somewhere in the middle. It's a little frustrating to lose the progress! Not a blocker though, just gotta go easy on redoing turns :)

Appreciate the help!
truthdemise

Postby truthdemise » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:12 am

Same happened to me twice! And I got brought back to a previous game with a different squad on the second time :')
Appreciate the help, thanks!
MasterBaker

Postby MasterBaker » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:22 am

+1. Same issue here... using a reset turn brings me back to a level i've done a while ago.

Additionnel : Once, closing the game and restarting it fixed this issue.
RenéB

Postby RenéB » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:39 pm

+1 Same issue here,
I can´t use Reset anymore it always brings me back to the last turn of the last game I won.
closing the game restarting the pc or even deleting the undoSave.lua doesn't fix it.

and
I love your Games keep up the good work :D
FarAwayBreacher

Postby FarAwayBreacher » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:50 am

I am having the same problem. It worries me that there has been no activity on this topic since 9 months ago. Am I the only one experiencing this bug any more?

It basically puts everything in "Iron Man" mode, which is extremely difficult. I'm enjoying the game immensely, but if I don't have access to this capability, I might consider requesting a refund on Steam. This is rather a game-killing bug for me! (maybe it's because I'm bad?) :)
isla

Postby isla » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:47 pm

FarAwayBreacher wrote:I am having the same problem. It worries me that there has been no activity on this topic since 9 months ago. Am I the only one experiencing this bug any more?

It basically puts everything in "Iron Man" mode, which is extremely difficult. I'm enjoying the game immensely, but if I don't have access to this capability, I might consider requesting a refund on Steam. This is rather a game-killing bug for me! (maybe it's because I'm bad?) :)

Hey there,
This post got quiet because an update seemed to resolve it for most people. Are you playing the most recent version of the game? Do you have any pending updates for your computer?
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:19 am

650+ hours and I've never seen this bug. If it is happening on the current version, then there must be some very specific circumstance under which it happens, that those who get it tend to do or have while those that don't, don't do or have.

If you are having it (as isla says, on the current version), a full report of exactly what you did, along with a save game (ideally before the revert but that's likely not practical, unless it literally happens every time you revert) or maybe even a video, would help them immensely.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
FarAwayBreacher

Postby FarAwayBreacher » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:52 am

isla wrote:
FarAwayBreacher wrote:I am having the same problem. It worries me that there has been no activity on this topic since 9 months ago. Am I the only one experiencing this bug any more?

Hey there,
This post got quiet because an update seemed to resolve it for most people. Are you playing the most recent version of the game? Do you have any pending updates for your computer?

Sorry, slow response here. I was using the most recent version of the game (Auto-Updates enabled on Steam and nothing pending), but the problem certainly happened. I found another thread that talked about manually deleting that old "revert to last turn" save file, which seemed to do the trick--the Restart Turn button is back to working as it should have been. Thanks for the follow-up.

In this case, I invoked the Restart Turn functionality on the very first turn of a scenario (don't ask how I screwed the pooch so badly one turn in! :lol: ), and that's when I started getting the error. It's a great little game, even if it's driving me nuts that I'm losing so many of my campaigns by a whisker!

Anyways, thanks for the follow-up and sorry for the slow response. After finding a resolution elsewhere, I stopped coming back to this thread.