Breach.exe has stopped working

Discuss problems and suggestions related to the Into the Breach here.
johnhummel

Re: Breach.exe has stopped working

Postby johnhummel » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:51 pm

I found the answer. If you're using Intel 3000 or greater on the latest drivers, do this:

1. Go into Graphics Properties (Right click on screen background, select Graphics, Properties).
2. Click on 3D.
3. Under Multi-Sample Anti-Aliasing, set it to "Use Application Settings." Do this if you have other settings that want Intel to override the application settings.

And it works. So it has the OpenGL compatibility, but for some reason the Intel settings here make "Into the Breach" upset.
drewbacca

Postby drewbacca » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:06 pm

I also just got things working by updating the Intel settings.
isla

Postby isla » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:54 pm

My email is contact@subsetgames.com, if we move this info to an email conversation you can also delete your dxdiag info here so it's not public if you don't want it to be.
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:01 pm

EDIT: Apparently I was late to this party and missed the second page. The solutions above are all right too. I'm leaving this here anyway just in case :) Sorry about the troubles everyone.

Hey everyone,

If the game worked for you and now stopped... or you're getting that error message about OpenGL 1.1.0 and you think it's wrong, then there's a few things you can do try to fix this:

1) If you're using a laptop, try plugging it in and trying again. This is not a longterm solution, but it's fast. It's possible that when unplugged the laptop reduces the power consumption by blocking hardware acceleration for some programs.

2) If that worked (or even if it didn't), you can investigate more permanent choices:

a) If you have an NVIDIA Card: Open the NVIDIA Control panel and go to Manage 3D Settings. In there, either for Global Settings, or just for Breach.exe in Program Settings, make sure it's set to prefer the "High-Performance NVIDIA Processor". And check any other boxes / toggles you might see that encourages your computer to user Hardware Acceleration / OpenGL Rendering /etc.

b) If you have an Intel HD GPU: Open the Intel HD Control Panel (right click on your Desktop and go to "Display Graphics Settings (?)". This one varies hugely so I have less concrete advice. Similar to NVIDIA though, there should be options for 3D Settings where you can toggle special settings for Into the Breach or system wide. You want Into the Breach to be using "Application Settings" or "High Performance", etc. Experiment to see if anything works.

Cheers,
Matthew
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
johnhummel

Postby johnhummel » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:53 pm

@Matthew - might be a good idea to sticky a "Technical Fixes" on this issue at the top of the forum with your post and lock it so people can find it fast. Either way, now that the game runs on my system, it runs well, and I'm only playing in chunks because it's easy to get addicted to the gameplay.
isla

Postby isla » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:39 pm

Added a sticky.
steph

Postby steph » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:52 pm

I've managed to get the game working on a modest Lenovo Yoga Book:
Game v1.0.14

Changed the 3D setting 'Multi-Sample Anti-Aliasing from 'Off' to 'Use Application Settings'

isla

Postby isla » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:32 pm

@steph Can you send me an dxdiag report at contact@subsetgames.com with this same screenshot? I'd like to keep this information available for anyone else who may need it who has a similar setup.

To make a dxdiag report, press <Windows Key>+R to open the run dialog, then type dxdiag and hit enter. Once the DirectX Diagnostic Tool opens, press "Save All Information" to make a text file you can email to me that will have all your system specs.
steph

Postby steph » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:26 pm

Done!
Tarfman

Postby Tarfman » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:41 pm

Hi,

Same issue. I'll email a dxdiag.

Regards

T