[Suggestion] Nerf the Ice Gen

General discussion about the game.
Casual42

[Suggestion] Nerf the Ice Gen

Postby Casual42 » Mon May 21, 2018 11:04 am

Neutralize multiple enemies ? Check.
Watch the rest waste their actions trying to unfreeze their buddies ? Check.
Protect buildings and more (train, bomb prototypes...) ? Sure.
Bonus points if you trigger it while on top of an emerging Vek.

There's got to be a best weapon. And Ice Generator is tons of fun to play ! (how could winning not be fun ?)
I'm just suggesting nerfing it because it's just not fair for the other weapons. It makes them less relevant in comparison.
So here's my suggestion :
Right now the core costs are 2 - 1 - 2.
Just make it 2 - 2 - 2. It will remain the best weapon, but it won't be as many leagues above the others as it is right now.
stylesrj

Re: [Suggestion] Nerf the Ice Gen

Postby stylesrj » Thu May 24, 2018 9:50 pm

Wind Torrent is more OP. For two cores, you can push a whole bunch of Vek off important buildings and equipment once a turn (or twice a turn with Silica).
Ice Generator doesn't kill all the Vek which is a problem if you're going for objectives that involve killing large numbers of them or if you need spawn points to block.

I find it easier to use the Wind Torrent than the Ice Generator as you got to position it just right as you only get one shot at it. Wind Torrent bails you out of danger most of the time and sets up Vek for easier kills; just watch where you aim so you don't bump things into the Grid.
Casual42

Postby Casual42 » Sun May 27, 2018 6:41 am

Interesting points.
Indeed, thankfully, Ice Gen doesn't work well with certain objectives, otherwise it would be way too OP.
Now I'm open to the idea that Wind Torrent is even stronger, but there is an argument against that idea that deserves being made.
Ice Gen is more regular. There are situations in which Wind Torrent will be tricky or even impossible to use. Much less so for the Ice Gen, provided you put it your most mobile Mech, typically a flying Mech.
Also, in my experience, Wind Torrent less often neutralizes Veks for more than 1 turn.
Yes, you can use Ice Gen only once, but the most critical turn is usually the first, as you can start with 4 or even 5 Veks on the map. If you manage to neutralize enough of them, the rest can be managed through classic means.
Xenesis

Postby Xenesis » Mon May 28, 2018 9:31 pm

They're both incredible weapons TBH.

Wind Torrent shines for preventing every melee Vek's attack from doing anything that turn while also de-webbing any Mech that would otherwise be caught in it. Ice Generator is a great thing for saving a third of the map with one action.