[Suggestion] Combat Speed effect.

General discussion about the game.
Finer

[Suggestion] Combat Speed effect.

Postby Finer » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:38 pm

Hello all. Thanks for making Into the Breach a great game. I'm enjoying it a lot.

I think the Combat Speed slider should affect the speed of attacks, projectiles and unit movements (charging forwards, time pods across the landscape, tidal waves...) and even the small speech bubbles that pop up from time to time; everything except maybe the sprite idle animations. It would be easier to see what's going on, specially for new people to the game, than only changing the pause duration between unit turns. For example, at the slowest speed, everything should play out in slow motion, and moving the slider to the right should be as it is currently in the game.
4n4rch1st

Re: [Suggestion] Combat Speed effect.

Postby 4n4rch1st » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:20 am

I second this.

Being someone who plays on the fastest speed, this would really help. Although maybe not the text popups. Many a time I almost failed an objective because I forgot it, but managed it anyway because of the reminder. Of course, it probably isn't that simple, but we can still hope.
Well done war hero and or olympian. We are satisfied by your contribution to The Rebellio- BZZZZT Hey! That's the clone bay, not a bathroom.

Fact: Now with 110% more snarkyness!
isla

Re: [Suggestion] Combat Speed effect.

Postby isla » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:36 pm

I've added a note about this to our player-suggested improvements list.