[Suggestion] Lighting Mech - Electric Whip, two suggestions.

General discussion about the game.
KotNaKacu

[Suggestion] Lighting Mech - Electric Whip, two suggestions.

Postby KotNaKacu » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:37 pm

1. I think that using Electric Whip on enemies that are standing in water could do more damage. Don't make it instant kill (although Veks are FLESH and electricity + water doesn't do good to flesh. At lease +1 DMG would be very nice.
Water is not that common, only flying enemies can be "spotted" there so this adjustment would not make a dramatic nerft to the enemies.

2. My Lighting Mech is piloted by Chen Rong - Pilot with skill "After attacking, gain 1 free tile movement". Cool great. But this skill cannot be utilized very efficiently with default skill of Lighting Mech? Why? Because Electric Whip cannot be "used" not aiming any enemy or object.
There are skills that allow shooting "in air". To be honest most of them do. But this one does not. And thus skill "1 free tile movement" is not very useful.
I suggest allowing the Electric Whip skill to attack "in air".
Redfoot

Re: [Suggestion] Lighting Mech - Electric Whip, two suggestions.

Postby Redfoot » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:29 pm

I've never used Chen Rong's ability to fire at an empty tile, just to get a move - save maybe on Flame Behemoths. The whole point of the ability is that you can attack and dodge incoming damage, enviroment effects etc.
I mean if you want to move, why not just.. move? Why waste your attack round for 1 extra square?
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:17 am

I've several times done just that (on other mechs where it works) when there's nothing to attack and she's movement+1 tiles away from a spawn.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:45 pm

If you can't use a weapon on an empty tile, can't you just use Repair if you want to use her special ability? Repair counts as an attack after all...

Also, I don't think the Lightning Whip would be very effective against things that are floating above the water. The whip is already powerful enough to hit flying targets instead of going straight for the water so maybe it's not conventional lightning/electricity as you might know it? Sort of like how A.C.I.D isn't actual acid.
It could possibly do more damage to a Leader Vek that's sitting in the water though. That'd be a nice touch.
Treamayne

Postby Treamayne » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:15 pm

Though, if they were going to have the Electric Whip "account" for water, I would rather see it chain through water tiles (like buildings when you unlock the building chain). If it were a choice between additional opportunities to chain and more damage, I'd prefer the chaining.

stylesrj wrote:It could possibly do more damage to a Leader Vek that's sitting in the water though. That'd be a nice touch.

A Vek frozen in Ice (solid water) could take, if not increased damage, normal damage, rather than just being "freed" without any damage.
V/R

Treamayne
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:24 pm

Although how would it behave on Ice Tiles? Would it chain through the ice... melt the ice it chains through or just do damage to all the ice tiles?
Or do nothing when it comes to ice tiles?