[Question] Does Satelite Launch building counts toward Lighting Mech attack

General discussion about the game.
KotNaKacu

[Question] Does Satelite Launch building counts toward Lighting Mech attack

Postby KotNaKacu » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:49 pm

I am in a mission where 2 Launch Sites need to be protected.
One of my mechs is Lighting Mech with Electric Whip chain lighting attack. This attack jumps over enemies too.
My question is - should this attack with enabled building defense option inflict damage to Launch Sites.
Currently it does not do any damage to buildings. But when I try to attack an enemy adjacent to a Launch Site the game ilustrates potential damage to the Site.

I think it should also be considered as a "building" type and be protected with that skill.
Please tell me what you think.
Situation is ilustrated below.

Scarlite

Re: [Question] Does Satelite Launch building counts toward Lighting Mech attack

Postby Scarlite » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:29 pm

The launch sites aren't buildings so this attack will always deal damages to them, even if you install the upgrade

It's not a supposition, I already checked it before^^
KotNaKacu

Postby KotNaKacu » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:09 pm

Yes, but the upgrade is meant not to hurt friendly buildings. In other words to prevent damage to objects that cannot move on its own to avoid dmg.
Friendly units are able to perform a move in order to dodge Lighting Mech attack.

Launch Sites are more like a buildings, because like regular buildings they cannot move and dodge attacks.
Thats why I am up to including Launch Sites to the list for not dealing dmg by Electric Whip.
Treamayne

Postby Treamayne » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:21 pm

In game terms (AFAICT), the difference between a building and an environmental object is if it has green "HP" above the object (like mechs and enemies). You'll notice that buildings do not have HP markers, so when an ability says buildings are exempt - items without the HP markers are what is exempt. Terraformer, launch pad missiles, tanks, bombs, etc. will all be affected unless "friendlies" are exempt.
V/R

Treamayne
4n4rch1st

Postby 4n4rch1st » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:37 am

Basically, anything that moves/changes and anything that, when destroyed, doesn't cause a loss in power is not a building.
Well done war hero and or olympian. We are satisfied by your contribution to The Rebellio- BZZZZT Hey! That's the clone bay, not a bathroom.

Fact: Now with 110% more snarkyness!
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:53 am

Also, if the game shows you when planning your move that the thing in question will take damage, then the thing in question will take damage.

Your screen shot clearly shows that the satellite will take 2 damage, so it will take 2 damage. You can argue that it SHOULDN'T, but it's very clear that it WILL.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."