My first life in Faster than Light

Share and discuss FTL-related videos here.
MrDavidification

My first life in Faster than Light

Postby MrDavidification » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:36 pm

Check out the video below of me failing terribly at this game. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiIPyzJZrMo
Alblaka

Re: My first life in Faster than Light

Postby Alblaka » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:15 pm

Starting with 0:37, I knew this couldn't go well...
In case you don't know "FTL Easy" = Hard, "FTL Normal" = Nightmare.

You lost me on 2:43 though :P Your video doesnt has the in-game sound AND a strange orange-teint to it... and TotalBiscuit simply is TotalAwesome.

Good Luck on future tries nontheless, stick to Easy Mode for some time :P
Greetz,
Alblaka
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:57 pm

Killed in sepia.

Next time they board your ship my friend, you open up ALL the door and airlocks except the medbay. Close the medbay doors to keep the air in. Make sure it's powered and send your crew in there. It only holds 3 people so if you have a bigger crew you'll need to keep another room closed off.

Without any air in the ship, the boarders have to fight you in the medbay. Where you heal constantly. And they dont.

Nice?
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Drasha

Postby Drasha » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:02 am

It is rarely a good idea to open all of your doors except as a last resort. The strategy mostly only works well if you have door upgrades so they can't just walk into a room with air. With level 2-3 door upgrades and a ship with enough compartments with easy access to space its pretty easy to vacuum only specific sections and kill them while they are trying to get the door open.

Door upgrades are going to be your best defense against enemies boarding your ship.
send me a message with a link if you see spam and I will take care of it.
holtr94

Postby holtr94 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:11 am

At the very least if it dosent kill them it will take a good chunk of their health away. Once the game stupidly teleported a few enemies into the airlock. They didn't last long :D .
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:17 am

It's not to suffocate them but to force them to come and play in the only room that has air left on the ship. And i wouldn't call it risky. If you're outnumbered or outclassed, run for the medbay. The ship can fend for itself for a while. You DID get the autopilot right?
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Zaffre

Postby Zaffre » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:46 am

Quick tip - Easy = you're going to die. Normal = you're going to die, but sooner.
Moosicorn

Postby Moosicorn » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:51 am

DON'T listen to them play on normal. Like you said don't be a pussy.
Drasha

Postby Drasha » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:58 am

UltraMantis wrote:It's not to suffocate them but to force them to come and play in the only room that has air left on the ship. And i wouldn't call it risky. If you're outnumbered or outclassed, run for the medbay. The ship can fend for itself for a while. You DID get the autopilot right?

The problem is it really limits your mobility and it can quickly lead to a stray missile hitting some thing critical and you can't recover from it because there is no air. You can make use of the medbay by fighting and retreating while having more mobility. The only reason I am willing to open air locks is to put out fires I don't have time to get to if they are near an airlock (1-2 rooms with nothing important in them) or if I have blast doors and I can force them to stay in a small air less area.
send me a message with a link if you see spam and I will take care of it.