I have discovered that my mod is OP.

Share and discuss FTL-related videos here.
Xalos

I have discovered that my mod is OP.

Postby Xalos » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:41 am

Although to be fair, I cheated four of an EXTREMELY rare weapon into the game.

A little background: These are weapons from a starship Kalesi. In this case, "star" is quite literal: Kalesi is a city which dives into the center of stars. It also happens to be the most technologically advanced city ever known. So you might not be very likely to encounter Kalesi, but on occasion you can find a weapon or two from it.

All four of these are the Kalesi Offensive Array. They're better than the Defensive Array, but they also take more power, are EXTREMELY rare, and cost 250 scrap. I beat the flagship in two minutes with four of them. Maybe twenty seconds in realtime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uTPMpExqWk
Maybe I should make them a bit less... what's the word I'm looking for... Kalesian.
Kiloace

Re: I have discovered that my mod is OP.

Postby Kiloace » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:57 pm

0_0

cool
5thHorseman

Re: I have discovered that my mod is OP.

Postby 5thHorseman » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:45 pm

That's the problem with a lot of "just like the one in the movie/show/book" mods. Those ships are not balanced for FTL so they play unbalanced. Firefly would be horrible in this game too for the opposite reason (No weapons!?). So yeah, you need to find ways to make the ship FEEL true even though it's not.

I personally find that harder than just making a ship from scratch, but I bet it's a rewarding experience once you succeed.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."