[TC][WIP] FTL:Incursion

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
dalolorn

Re: [TC][WIP] FTL:Incursion

Postby dalolorn » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:19 am

Kieve wrote:The biggest challenge is making good use of the "Secret Sector" to increase overall game length and available sectors for quest progressions, while still allowing natural sector-by-sector jumps. Basically, figuring out a way to do what DrkTemplar hasn't, via Infinite Space. So many plates to keep spinning.

Well, you could make a very specific 7th sector, and then have the game jump you to the secret sector once you enter it. Furthermore, make a quest chain that rewards an augment/weapon/drone/something that allows you to bypass the secret sector loop via a blue option.

I'd hate to be the player who dumped that thing, though... he'd be stuck there forever. :twisted:
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:08 am

dalolorn wrote:
Kieve wrote:The biggest challenge is making good use of the "Secret Sector" to increase overall game length and available sectors for quest progressions, while still allowing natural sector-by-sector jumps. Basically, figuring out a way to do what DrkTemplar hasn't, via Infinite Space. So many plates to keep spinning.

Well, you could make a very specific 7th sector, and then have the game jump you to the secret sector once you enter it. Furthermore, make a quest chain that rewards an augment/weapon/drone/something that allows you to bypass the secret sector loop via a blue option.

I'd hate to be the player who dumped that thing, though... he'd be stuck there forever. :twisted:

Right now what I'm thinking is making the "default" end-beacon event kick you into Secret for looping, and require a renamed Stasis Pod ("Incursor IFF" for example) to break the loop and trigger other events. On entry to the next sector, the start-beacon would then call the Zoltan event that automatically removes the pod. ("The Incursor device in your hold overloads from the jump, sparking and leaking jets of plasma. Quickly, you jettison the damaged IFF before it melts through the ship's hull.")
Mind you this is theory and I'm not certain it's technically possible, but it seems the most promising avenue of thought right now.

*Any/all alternate events would allow normal next-sector jumping, and most would likely be gated by a combat event of some kind.
That Guy

Postby That Guy » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:09 pm

I loaded up this page thinking, "this mod has been staring me in the face for a long time on the master mod list, why not try it out?" *page loads* *sees ship* *mouth drops open and self freezes for 30 seconds, imagining what god could have decided to start this mod*. Kieve this has the potential (IMO) to be the coolest mod I've seen for FTL.

I don't care much for the back story, but really I never have looked at back stories and enjoyed them for any back story. This would be and EPIC overhaul, but sadly, throwing money at the screen doesn't do anything (you should really fix that guy). I don't even care that there is no download, just waiting to see how this turns out is awesome
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:04 pm

That Guy wrote:I loaded up this page thinking, "this mod has been staring me in the face for a long time on the master mod list, why not try it out?" *page loads* *sees ship* *mouth drops open and self freezes for 30 seconds, imagining what god could have decided to start this mod*. Kieve this has the potential (IMO) to be the coolest mod I've seen for FTL.

I don't care much for the back story, but really I never have looked at back stories and enjoyed them for any back story. This would be and EPIC overhaul, but sadly, throwing money at the screen doesn't do anything (you should really fix that guy). I don't even care that there is no download, just waiting to see how this turns out is awesome

You can download the ship / main menu screen and music at the moment. how ever that's it.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
noahboy88

Postby noahboy88 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:47 am

I AM SO LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS MOD

THE SHIP IS AMAZING IN-GAME, THE WEAPONS ARE GOOD,

and overall, it looks amazing! You should release a beta version of this.
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:31 am

A long overdue update, and thanks to Mantis and English_Narwhal for help & inspiration.

Two new tracks uploaded, and the link on "Nebula Grime" has been fixed. (I originally took it down because "Grime" in the title apparently triggers shitty rap remixes to appear as associated/recommended videos :evil: )
In the Shadow of the Eclipse
Behind the Blackened Sun
Nebula Grime (re-upload)
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:20 pm

Kieve wrote:A long overdue update, and thanks to Mantis and English_Narwhal for help & inspiration.

Two new tracks uploaded, and the link on "Nebula Grime" has been fixed. (I originally took it down because "Grime" in the title apparently triggers shitty rap remixes to appear as associated/recommended videos :evil: )
In the Shadow of the Eclipse
Behind the Blackened Sun
Nebula Grime (re-upload)

1) Your signature's images are bugged, might be me.
2) I'm glad I could be of assistance (somehow!)
thel0lfish

Postby thel0lfish » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:34 pm

Can someone please tell me where to find the latest version
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:44 pm

thel0lfish wrote:Can someone please tell me where to find the latest version

It is the latest version.
Kieve is working on it at his pace, and it is a full overhaul of sprites, music, ect. so it will take a while.
I have poked him with a stick a few times, resulting in him doing some more music work, so yeah...
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:57 pm

thel0lfish wrote:Can someone please tell me where to find the latest version

I updated the OP. The only downloadable portion right now is the Archon, which also includes the title track.
Beyond that, nothing else has been made publicly available.