Mod Difficulties

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
shark

Re: Mod Difficulties

Postby shark » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:52 pm

I would suspect that without admin priviledges that maybe GMM wouldn't have permission to unpack the .dat files or rewrite it later. It's just a precaution though and might not be the cause of the issue.

Code: Select all

size, l_filename  = struct.unpack('<LL', self.f.read(8))
struct.error: unpack requires a string argument of length 8

This is the real cause of the issue. I don't really know python enough to help you here but it seems like the call to struct.unpack() expects a .. well, string of length 8. It's getting '<LL' and self.f.read(8) ... seeing how I don't know python, this might even be a legitimate call (if we presume that read(8) reads 8 characters) and you might just be using a very old version of python and should update it?

Did you try that? argparse was the first hint of this because they say it's included in the standard library, and is missing on very old distros.
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All of our mods
are belong to you.
Min Headroom

Postby Min Headroom » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:23 pm

shark wrote:This is the real cause of the issue. I don't really know python enough to help you here but it seems like the call to struct.unpack() expects a .. well, string of length 8. It's getting '<LL' and self.f.read(8) ... seeing how I don't know python, this might even be a legitimate call (if we presume that read(8) reads 8 characters) and you might just be using a very old version of python and should update it?

Did you try that? argparse was the first hint of this because they say it's included in the standard library, and is missing on very old distros.

That would seem logical, but I have downloaded the most recent version of Python just to run this mod manager. I don't think it needs an update, but I'll try that anyway.

*Edit*
Yep, Python is up to date. I think I'll just delete and reinstall FTL and try again. Thanks for trying to help me out. I appreciate all y'all's patience!
shark

Postby shark » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:00 am

In that case try using one of the older Pythons out there :D I don't know what else to tell you.
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All of our mods
are belong to you.