Maximum Enemy Hit Points?

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Gidoza

Maximum Enemy Hit Points?

Postby Gidoza » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:56 pm

Hi there - I have a curious question.

Is there a maximum number of hull points on an opponent's ship?

The Hull indicator seems to cap out at 22. I don't know if that means that 22 is the maximum hull an opponent can have, or if 22 is as high as the indicator records. I also know there's a way to edit hull indicators as well into different shapes and sizes - which element of the game data does one edit to do that?

Help much appreciated - thank you!
-G
KingdomKrafters

Re: Maximum Enemy Hit Points?

Postby KingdomKrafters » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:32 am

As for the cap, I don't know for certain, but I can tell you that 22 is the highest HP any vanilla enemy (flagship stage 2) has. (I've also noticed giving enemies inane amounts of health doesn't seem to work)

The directory for the enemy hull bar is img\combatUI and is called box_hostiles_hull2
The directory for the player hull bar is img\statusUI and is split up into multiple images (you should be able to tell which are which from the names)
There is no "code" you can edit for the hull bars, if you're wondering. Changing the length of the image has no major effect as far as I'm aware.
Gidoza

Re: Maximum Enemy Hit Points?

Postby Gidoza » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:15 pm

Thanks - that'll have to do then!

I'll just have to run a few tests to see what the "real" maximum hit points is (the HP definitely go past 22, but I don't know how far).

Cheers,
-Gidoza