Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
TheSwiftTiger

Re: [MOD][WIP] FTL Infinite Space

Postby TheSwiftTiger » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:53 pm

1000th reply woooo
A Trained Chimp

Postby A Trained Chimp » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:45 am

I really like this mod but it is REALLY REALLY hard, like IMPOSSIBLY hard... I was playing on easy and on my second jump in the kestral i met a friendly pirate with 3 shields, a flack cannon a pike beam and some for of super missle that charged VERY quick and took out a system in one hit... :( The thing is this sort of thing has happened lots, like iv never made it out of the first sector with this mod... Is it just me or does everyone have this problem?
tony1

Postby tony1 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:42 am

I need help moding, I have changed the folder name to .ftl lowercase but the mod manager still didn't pick it up. I would be vary much appreciative of any help I get.
Unf0rseen

Postby Unf0rseen » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:51 pm

i got a problem installing the mod, whenever i try to patch i get this message: Patching failed: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\FreeUser\Desktop\FTL Faster Than Light\resources\data.dat (Access is denied) i downloaded the game off of the pirate bay (version 1.5.7 or something i forgot, i have the DLC installed) please help i would like to play an endless version of this game :)
Abs

Postby Abs » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:17 pm

Unf0rseen wrote:i got a problem installing the mod, whenever i try to patch i get this message: Patching failed: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\FreeUser\Desktop\FTL Faster Than Light\resources\data.dat (Access is denied) i downloaded the game off of the pirate bay (version 1.5.7 or something i forgot, i have the DLC installed) please help i would like to play an endless version of this game :)

Is the piratebay version something that's allowed? I don't know about anyone else here, but I wouldn't help someone who has pirated this game.

Abs
Click to go to the mod's facebook page for the latest updates!
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:17 pm

Unf0rseen wrote:i downloaded the game off of the pirate bay (version 1.5.7 or something i forgot, i have the DLC installed) please help i would like to play an endless version of this game

If you want to play an endless game, buy it! Don't complain about it not working when you pirate it. Especially not here either.

Seriously, the video games industry is actually doing the right thing and making games accessible and cheap. And yet you download this game off the Pirate Bay instead of forking over $10 or whatever it costs for an awesome game that'll work and costs less than a movie in a cinema.

Also, you're not stealing money from a big box retailer or company. You're essentially stealing from your local corner shop that really needs that money to stay in business because they can't afford "inventory shrinkage."

Sorry to go on for a rant but people who pirate FTL disgust me, especially when the game is available on everything and is pretty cheap on its own.
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:40 pm

Honestly, Styles, I think you're right on this one.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:45 am

When I hear people pirating FTL It saddens me... pirating from an indie group/ company/ dev is sickening...
It's just 10 dollars... 4 dollars on sales which are often...

I second what Style says.

I respect the people that are pirates in FTL. (they are cool, got cool paint jobs, and there persistence and courage is admirable.
I don't respect the people that pirated FTL.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Unf0rseen

Postby Unf0rseen » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:39 am

yeah well some people don't have 10$ to waste on a game, but they might have a few hours after work. see i spend my hard earned money on bills and food so i can have a roof over my head, doesn't matter anyway.. this is the internet so nobody will believe me.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:49 am

If you enjoy the game that 10 dollars isn't a waste.

You know the devs out there are also have there job, they spend there hard earned money on the bills, food, shelter, warmth, and there family and also put some of that money back to the community.

But then suddenly someone takes there product and doesn't give them a single cent.

Imagine how you would feel if you showed up to work, did your duty, then came to get paid and instead your boss went "nah, I'm not paying for your labor, I do not want to waste my money on you"

If you are so poor that 10 dollars will make you go bank rupt then spend less time pirating and go get a better job or work harder.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.