[MOD][WIP] FTL Infinite Space

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
English Narwhal

Re: [MOD][WIP] FTL Infinite Space

Postby English Narwhal » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:59 pm

Calasada wrote:How do you actually uninstall it? I played it and enjoyed it very much, but I want to go back to trying to beat the boss.

Any help is appreciated :)

In order to uninstall Infinite Space, click the 'patch' button on the Slipstream Mod Manager without any mods selected.
FTL: Infinite Space is no longer active. I am the current curator of the mod, so if you want support in the future, I'd advise going onto my thread: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=23202
PapricaLemonade

Postby PapricaLemonade » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:32 pm

Well i just have one question (posible this question has already been answered) Can i unlock new ships in this mod? Because id really like that it is to hard for me to run around in vanilla and hope i found the right sectors and have the right requirements, Ofc i still need it in this mod but still.
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:08 pm

PapricaLemonade wrote:Well i just have one question (posible this question has already been answered) Can i unlock new ships in this mod? Because id really like that it is to hard for me to run around in vanilla and hope i found the right sectors and have the right requirements, Ofc i still need it in this mod but still.

Infinite Space is no longer being developed, and no, it is not possible to unlock ships in Infinite Space.
Weesnaw

Postby Weesnaw » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:48 am

Do you know when this will be updated for F.T.L A.E?
HMSRedshirtOfficer

Postby HMSRedshirtOfficer » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:55 am

Does this work on FTL Advanced edition because I don't want to ruin my game.
:?:
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:53 pm

HMSRedshirtOfficer wrote:Does this work on FTL Advanced edition because I don't want to ruin my game.
:?:

No, it doesn't work with AE.
Weesnaw wrote:Do you know when this will be updated for F.T.L A.E?

I really don't know; I'm very sorry about that. At the moment, I'm suffering from a coding burnout.
Kyle Riggs

Postby Kyle Riggs » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:08 pm

Am I to understand you, English Narwhal, is the coder for this mod? The person who makes it go?

I don't play much and I rarely get buy New games or learn about New games but by chance I just bought this one, FTL, and I was immediately sold. This is the best game since the old XCom games and I'm currently having the best time even though I'm totally unable to even make a dent on the final base ship.

That said I'm very annoyed at not being able to really enjoy my time playing the game and instead being rushed through the content so I just found out about infinite Space and I was disappointed to read there are no current Version.

Any chance Moneys can get this mod updated to current Version?
I was so looking forward to hopping about the Galaxy at my own pace having read about there being a mod such as this one.
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:18 pm

Kyle Riggs wrote:Am I to understand you, English Narwhal, is the coder for this mod? The person who makes it go?

I don't play much and I rarely get buy New games or learn about New games but by chance I just bought this one, FTL, and I was immediately sold. This is the best game since the old XCom games and I'm currently having the best time even though I'm totally unable to even make a dent on the final base ship.

That said I'm very annoyed at not being able to really enjoy my time playing the game and instead being rushed through the content so I just found out about infinite Space and I was disappointed to read there are no current Version.

I was so looking forward to hopping about the Galaxy at my own pace having read about there being a mod such as this one.

I will absolutely not accept 'moneys'.
I'm doing this simply because I want to bring an excellent mod to its completion, and though I am very tired right now for reasons that will remain undisclosed, I will do my best to make this mod the best it could ever be.
Saizew

Postby Saizew » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:33 pm

Kyle Riggs wrote:Am I to understand you, English Narwhal, is the coder for this mod? The person who makes it go?

I hope, neither English Narwal, nor the original author of this mod, DrkTemplar don't mind, if I draw your attention to another mod, which will give you exactly the features you like: FTL Captain's Edition with the
Infinite Space Add-on. -> viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15663
Just let me make clear, that i'm doing this NOT because i dislike FTL Infinite Space!
Like i wrote elsewere, i have the greatest respect for the original author and anybodyelse who's trying to bring this mod to a new stage. I have played this mod with greatest pleasure, but meanwhile a lot of time has passed, and unfortunately, this mod in it's current state doesn't make use of all the feature and benefits, that were brought by the Advanced Edition. Hopefully, this will change somwhere in the future...
Kyle Riggs

Postby Kyle Riggs » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:20 am

Thanks for the tip. I managed to install this yesterday and played for abit.
Ill have to experiment and learn how to add or remove the different kinds of mods i order to get it to run as close to vanilla as possible and still have endless space but this is definatively what ill be playing while waiting :)