[MOD][WIP] FTL Infinite Space

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
stylesrj

Re: [MOD][WIP] FTL Infinite Space

Postby stylesrj » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:49 am

Unf0rseen wrote:yeah well some people don't have 10$ to waste on a game, but they might have a few hours after work. see i spend my hard earned money on bills and food so i can have a roof over my head, doesn't matter anyway.. this is the internet so nobody will believe me.

Cool story bro. Now would you kindly lean over this way towards the dry riverbed? I'm going to need you to cry into it for me.

Seriously dude, we all laugh when people pirate games from large companies (we all want to be like Robin Hood), but we get angry and resentful towards those who steal from local stores/small businesses (like the common thief).

R4V3-0N wrote:If you are so poor that 10 dollars will make you go bank rupt then spend less time pirating and go get a better job or work harder.

He probably works nights at Freddy Fazbears Pizzeria. I heard the pay really sucks at that place.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:46 pm

For the time period Freddy Fazbears Pizzaria the pay was actually quite above minimal wage for the time.

spending 6 hours a day for 5 weeks for their year is = 208 USD in 2014 time.

It isn't that bad. That'll be enough to buy nearly 120 cheese burgers and FTL if the only thing you pay for is food and the game and I think 120 cheese burgers (rounded up) is a bit to much for 7 days.

2 more nights and it could be right about 260-ish USD. (working in the weekends) per week.

Sorry to go lore/ technical freak on ya. :roll:

Anyway, I think we shouldn't throw insults at the lad. If we go act aggressive to him then what makes us better then a pirate if we are acting like a bunch of thugs?
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:21 pm

For the time period Freddy Fazbears Pizzaria the pay was actually quite above minimal wage for the time.

spending 6 hours a day for 5 weeks for their year is = 208 USD in 2014 time.

Yeah I know that. But doesn't everyone who works on minimum wage comment that their pay sucks and they hope to get a college-related dream accomplished so they're not spending night after night trying to avoid being jumpscared?

Anyway, I think we shouldn't throw insults at the lad. If we go act aggressive to him then what makes us better then a pirate if we are acting like a bunch of thugs?

Morally speaking we'd still be better but I guess you're right.
Since I haven't contributed any feedback or ideas about this mod... I should go.
Shokkou

Postby Shokkou » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:53 am

EDIT: How high am I right now? Apparently, yes. Post redacted.
Last edited by Shokkou on Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:11 am

Am I the only FTL player who isn't masochistic? Why did this mod have to go the way of CE Infinite with the absurd levels of upgrade cost inflation? I used to sub this one in for CE Infinite because I always hated that about it. Making it so the costs are in the hundreds before you've even halfway upgraded a system isn't adding challenge, it's adding grind. Is there a way that could be an optional side part of the mod, like how CE has several additional optional modules?

It does add grind, but at the same time, imagine if you upgraded everything before "Sector 1" was over. What's the motivation for traversing the infinite reaches of space then? You'd skip straight to the end in boredom. It's like those overpowered ships with all the systems maxed out. What's the purpose of spending money on upgrades then?
If you want, you can always adjust the costs yourself to what you think is reasonable.

Although 2 layers of shield should be cheaper to acquire. Makes the grind easier.
Shokkou

Postby Shokkou » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:18 am

So wait, am I not crazy? I just took the mod off to compare things and the prices were the same. Maybe I need to try it with no mods at all. I do get what you're saying, but I don't recall things being quite that cheap in vanilla. I'm not saying anyone is wrong for wanting the prices higher, just that I find them to be frustratingly high for my own tastes. In my experience it winds up taking a full sector to upgrade something by one point even at lower levels, whereas I'd prefer to be able to upgrade things more regularly. Between repairs, fuel, and new weapons/drones/crew/etc the cost of upgrading seems prohibitive.

That said, how do you adjust the costs? I didn't know what was an option.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:00 am

In the blueprints.xml.append file (or the dlcblueprints.xml.append) are the blueprints for the weapons.
There should be a bunch of tags marked with <level>#</level>. Alter that to whatever number you think is appropriate. In fact you could even add extra levels, as long as you adjust the <maxpower>#</maxpower> tags as well (so if you want 5 shield layers, set maxpower to 10. Yes the game allows high powered shields. Heck you could set it 7. Haven't tried 9 layers of shields though, see how far the game will stack the values)

Some systems won't work at higher levels though. Level 9 engines for example will shut down if you power it 9 bars. But 8 is fine.
Shokkou

Postby Shokkou » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:09 am

stylesrj wrote:

In the blueprints.xml.append file (or the dlcblueprints.xml.append) are the blueprints for the weapons.
There should be a bunch of tags marked with <level>#</level>. Alter that to whatever number you think is appropriate. In fact you could even add extra levels, as long as you adjust the <maxpower>#</maxpower> tags as well (so if you want 5 shield layers, set maxpower to 10. Yes the game allows high powered shields. Heck you could set it 7. Haven't tried 9 layers of shields though, see how far the game will stack the values)

Some systems won't work at higher levels though. Level 9 engines for example will shut down if you power it 9 bars. But 8 is fine.

Ah, thanks! Also, apparently I forgot to restore vanilla FTL before switching to Slipstream 1.6 so that's where my other problems were coming from. :v
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:51 am

This mod does not alter system upgrade costs, as you seem to have figured out already.

-----

I'm not a member of Reddit, but I look at topics on it occasionally. There is someone asking about the Water Generator from this mod, and nobody has given a useful answer. If anybody wants to give an answer to firing_lazer321, please tell them that the augment doesn't do anything. The mod is incomplete and there are no events in the current build that make use of it. They should just sell it for scrap.

edit: Thanks to OurEngiFriend, who I believe admitted somewhere once that they are NarnKar, for delivering the message.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
Shokkou

Postby Shokkou » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:26 am

Yeah, I realized I forgot to revert to vanilla FTL before switching to SMM 1.6 so I effectively "lost" the vanilla files and had to delete and reinstall FTL. I thought I was swapping out CE Infinite for Infinite Space, but the mods I had on before the switch had become the "vanilla" FTL as far as 1.6 was concerned. Sorry for wasting time with a rookie mistake. :v