[MOD][WIP] FTL Infinite Space

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
neboglory

Re: [MOD][WIP] FTL Infinite Space

Postby neboglory » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:11 pm

I just purchased ftl, played it a bit, and wanted a more "sandbox" style game. This mod fits the bill, but, unfortunately it crashes when I start a new game. My steam client updated ftl to the most recent version, so reverting is not an option. I tried re-installing ftl fresh and just applying the low res version of the mod to no success. I also tried the .5 test version with the same results. Any word on the future compatibility of this mod? Will it be updated to work on the current version of ftl?
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:50 pm

The mod isn't abandoned, it just looks like the author is busy in rl and can't devote time to releasing a new version. At least not soon.

Shame the game crashes on you, but i'm affraid there's nothing you can do unless Steam offers the previous version for download (i think it does for some games). You can have multiple versions of FTL running on one PC but:
a) you have to prevent Steam from auto updating the older one. :D
b) they will both share the same profile & savegame.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Ryuuske

Postby Ryuuske » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:56 am

Providing some feedback; I've been playing this for like 4 hours straight (this mod is great, btw) and I've noticed one ship in particular stands out above the rest. I'm sure it's supposed to, but it's insanely strong for where it's placed. The Rock ship with 4 shields, doesn't really matter what's equiped has destroyed me every time I've come into contact with it. Mind you I've tried to run, but the loading time for the jump is just too slow to counter the ships overwhelming force. That ship, so far, is the only thing I believe would need tweaking.
Vas

Postby Vas » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:01 pm

This mod has a lot of errors with the mod loader.

Results
@ Infinite Space_0.4.4 High-res.ftl: see below

-To many errors to list here

FTL itself can tolerate lots of errors and still run. But invalid XML may break tools that do proper parsing, and it hinders the development of new tools.
InsanityWulf

Postby InsanityWulf » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:14 pm

For some reason every time I patch GMM to instal mods the infinite space logo appears on the the main screen. The game crashes when I try to start a new game. I can't seem to get rid of IS. Removing it from my mod list doesn't seem to work.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:20 pm

Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:45 am

I added a notice next to the download link that lastest version of FTL broke compatibility for this mod.
AssKickerson

Postby AssKickerson » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:49 am

Just to be sure, there WILL be an update that will let us play with version 1.0.3.3 right? This is my favourite mod so far.
CoSm1c gAm3r

Postby CoSm1c gAm3r » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:29 pm

I like that idea. I will try to play it but for now I cant because I have latest patch 1.03.3
I read features of this mod and it is way more interesting than annoying vanila. Free roam with minibosses sounds WAY better than vanila final boss and the end.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:00 am

AssKickerson wrote:Just to be sure, there WILL be an update that will let us play with version 1.0.3.3 right? This is my favourite mod so far.

That's up to the author who may be busy with education or hollidays or something else.