You mean tactics?

U could say it in the 2 ways.
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
kartoFlane

Re: [MOD][WIP] FTL Infinite Space

Postby kartoFlane » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:17 pm

Grammar nazi mode: engaged.

Not exactly. There's no such noun in English as "tacticals" - only tactic(s). "Tactical" is an adjective, used to describe nouns (e.g. "tactical approach")
While you definitely will find people using that word, the context in which it is used is really inconclusive, and I'm rather inclined to believe they simply confused it with tactics. If anything, it's used as a custom name, not a proper noun.

...Yeah.
Either way, we're quite seriously derailing the topic.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:34 pm

So, the word exists.. and u guys got it.. i dont see the problem xD.

Anyways, i was going to writhe tactics instead, but since i wasnt sure (english isnt by far my native languaje) i just had bad luck and picked the wrong one. :lol:
ImageImage
drunkmunky

Postby drunkmunky » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:12 pm

Is there an issue with the latest version compatibility with 1.03.3? Every time I use GMM to patch over and start game, I get the Infinite Space start screen, however upon attempting to actually start a game, it just flat out crashes.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Drunk
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:46 am

Yes, there is, since IS completely replaces game's data archives. It won't be compatible with 1.03.3 until Drk converts the mod to use GMM's .append functionality.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:10 pm

drunkmunky wrote:Is there an issue with the latest version compatibility with 1.03.3? Every time I use GMM to patch over and start game, I get the Infinite Space start screen, however upon attempting to actually start a game, it just flat out crashes.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Drunk

U should just re-install FTL and patch the mod again. Maybe that will solve the problem. Its probably that u are patching an already patched backup copy or something like that, so GMM is picking that backup instead of a clean one. This can happen, but there is no way to know if this is the problem until u re-install ftl from the beginning (i use to do that sometimes, since it only takes about 2 minutes).
ImageImage
DrkTemplar

Postby DrkTemplar » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:29 pm

drunkmunky wrote:Is there an issue with the latest version compatibility with 1.03.3? Every time I use GMM to patch over and start game, I get the Infinite Space start screen, however upon attempting to actually start a game, it just flat out crashes.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Drunk

Correct, it doesn't work with 1.03.3. I've been working on a version that is compatible. I apologize for the massive delay.
Kit

Postby Kit » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:09 am

kartoFlane wrote:Grammar nazi mode: engaged.

Not exactly. There's no such noun in English as "tacticals" - only tactic(s). "Tactical" is an adjective, used to describe nouns (e.g. "tactical approach")
While you definitely will find people using that word, the context in which it is used is really inconclusive, and I'm rather inclined to believe they simply confused it with tactics. If anything, it's used as a custom name, not a proper noun.

You. I like you. Even more than before.

Also, back on topic, I'm very much looking forward to a version of this that's compatible with 1.03.3! I've always wondered what a version of FTL with an endless game mode would be like, and I'm very much excited to try this.

A question, though; might this mod also be compatible with other mods adding custom weapons once it nears completion? I realize compatibility would be a pain to keep track of during the mod's development, but I would be very happy just knowing it's possible down the road.
Thunderr

Postby Thunderr » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:15 am

speedoflight wrote:english isnt by far my native languaje

Out of curiosity, what is your native language?
Kit wrote:Also, back on topic, I'm very much looking forward to a version of this that's compatible with 1.03.3! I've always wondered what a version of FTL with an endless game mode would be like, and I'm very much excited to try this.

Uh, there's nothing stopping you from using this with the current version of FTL. I use it all the time.
Kit wrote:A question, though; might this mod also be compatible with other mods adding custom weapons once it nears completion? I realize compatibility would be a pain to keep track of during the mod's development, but I would be very happy just knowing it's possible down the road.

It should be compatible with all weapon mods as long as they are adding weapons and don't want to change an existing one. Event mods are a little trickier, but they should still work too. Mods that add new sectors are a no-no with this mod though.