Font for the UI Images?

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
eitch

Font for the UI Images?

Postby eitch » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:21 pm

Hi folks! I've searched a lot on Google and this forum to better understand how the modding community changes the UI elements and did not kinda succeed.

I'm trying to translate the game to my language (pt-br), but I can't seem to find the correct font for the images. For example, the file: "img/Text_pause1.png". What font should I use to create another image and how to create the outer glow for it? I've tried all the fonts from the font directory and they don't seem to "fit". I think i'm doing something terribly wrong since the game uses those fonts to dynamically create text on the game.

I currently use GIMP but have a friend that uses Photoshop if needed. I understand that the editor used isn't the key here, but if you can provide some examples on how to do it for one, I can use the method on others.

Thanks!
jamesmilner228

Re: Font for the UI Images?

Postby jamesmilner228 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:17 pm

Hi there.
According to the theme I'd like to provide you information about photoshop textures. If you have free time please check it. I hope you will surprised as well as me.
http://fixthephoto.com/free-photoshop-textures
Best wishes
James
Last edited by jamesmilner228 on Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FearTheBlaziken

Re: Font for the UI Images?

Postby FearTheBlaziken » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:18 am

The font is named Half-Life (no relation), you may have to resize it to match the size of the original pause image though.

For GIMP, an outer glow can be created by using the Color Picker Tool on the original glow, and creating a second layer of the new pause image with the whole font being that colour.
Next, you would want to discard text infomation for the second layer and use the Gaussian Blur (Filters->Blur) for that layer. Not exactly sure on the specifics, play around with this and the opacity for the second layer until it matches.

Given what I've done while others were not active, I can now say that I've polished the Polish Kit. Release coming soon, but not from me.