FTL Event Creator is a web-based graphical event creator for FTL.
The user builds an event chain using the interface and the event chain is converted to an XML code snippet.
I always thought that creating events in FTL was a hassle, and quite boring after staring at lines of XML for a while.
To make things easier, less confusing and less time-consuming, I decided to take a week out of my life to write FTL Event Creator.
- Enemy Ship surrender/escape circumstances - WIP
- Loading Events - WIP
- Adding your event to an existing sector/event list - WIP
- Event/Text Lists - WIP
Loading and editing existing events is not currently an implemented feature. The Event Creator is not yet capable of reading XML.
Keep this in mind while making events: if you're making adjustments, leave the site open.
- Create your custom event chain.
- Generate the XML for it when finished.
- Copy the XML code. (Leave the page open if you need to make some changes later.)
- Paste the code into your mod's events.xml.append file. If your mod doesn't have an events.xml.append file, create one.
- Patch your mod using Slipstream Mod Manager and play.
FTL Event Creator can be found here, hosted on my personal site.
WARNING: Browsers besides Google Chrome may cause minor or major issues.
DOUBLE WARNING: Mobile devices and portrait-oriented displays are not supported.
Not only is user feedback welcome, it is ENCOURAGED.
Please let me know what I can do to make my tool better. I hope you find it useful!
Maintaining a website is tough stuff!
If you'd like, consider supporting me on Patreon.
FTL Event Creator is my original work and property.
Images and fonts are copyrighted property of Subset Games.
XMLWriter is copyrighted property of Ariel Flesler.