[TOOL]FTLEdit: FTL Ship editor [v0.95 11th Jan] Open source!

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Darkfrost

Re: [TOOL]FTLEdit: FTL Ship editor [v0.84] (Please test!)

Postby Darkfrost » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:36 pm

It's a bug if you selected crew ship from scratch, I'm fixing it at the moment, and adding crew settings :)
Love FTL? Wish you could fly around in the USS Enterprise, the Tardis, or a ship that looks just like your own face? Check out FTLEdit, a ship editor for FTL, so you can create your own custom ships and play them!
Don't forget to share them too! :)
SkaveRat

Postby SkaveRat » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:40 pm

I can't run it under linux.

It seems it can't find the dlls, which are actually in the same directory :/

Code: Select all

Unhandled Exception: System.DllNotFoundException: csfml-graphics-2
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) SFML.Graphics.Transform:sfTransform_create ()
  at SFML.Graphics.Transform..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at SFML.Graphics.Transform.get_Identity () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at SFML.Graphics.RenderStates.get_Default () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at FTLShipEdit.Game..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at FTLShipEdit.Program.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.DllNotFoundException: csfml-graphics-2
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) SFML.Graphics.Transform:sfTransform_create ()
  at SFML.Graphics.Transform..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at SFML.Graphics.Transform.get_Identity () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at SFML.Graphics.RenderStates.get_Default () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at FTLShipEdit.Game..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at FTLShipEdit.Program.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
StealthCl0wn

Postby StealthCl0wn » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:40 pm

Cheers, also, is adding in a floor image *necessary* to make a functioning ship or not?
Darkfrost

Postby Darkfrost » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:52 pm

New build up!
http://toastedlemons.com/FTLShipEdit.zip
New features:
- Setting ship crew!

Fixes:
- Added some crash handling when trying to export with some invalid values
- Blueprints loaded properly when making a ship from scratch now

Tell me if there's any problems! :)
(And, things i've forgotten to fix so far!)

SkaveRat:
Yay! A linux user! You'll need to make it load the sfml linux binaries instead of the windows dll for it I think. You can get those here if you know how to do this yourself: http://www.sfml-dev.org/download/2.0-rc ... 32.tar.bz2 (Er, I think that's the right url)

If you can give me a couple of days to throw a linux distro onto my laptop, I can work out how to do it properly, and give better instructions :)
Love FTL? Wish you could fly around in the USS Enterprise, the Tardis, or a ship that looks just like your own face? Check out FTLEdit, a ship editor for FTL, so you can create your own custom ships and play them!
Zalkida

Postby Zalkida » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:10 pm

When exporting the ships as a .ftl file, a JIT debug window comes up saying that the value of "path2" can not be null. I see no box labeled "path2." Any idea what causes this? Also, when trying to import the game's default ships, it says I have to specify where the data.dat and the rescource.dat are, and I do. Then the box closes and I try again and nothing happens... Any idea? I tried the datftl thing as per your directions, but it didn't seem to actually have an effect.
Zalkida Mirnath - Fear the Assassian
Darkfrost

Postby Darkfrost » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:20 pm

Path2 would probably be the export path, make sure you have a ship id and name set, and the paths set up properly in the options

(Path2 is the second argument in any Path.Combine call btw, and could be pretty much anywhere, what's the function it's in? :p)
StealthCl0wn

Re: [TOOL]FTLEdit: FTL Ship editor [v0.87] (Please test!)

Postby StealthCl0wn » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:37 pm

Quick question (again) how would I make a custom ship replace the rock cruiser A?
Darkfrost

Postby Darkfrost » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:53 pm

Just set your ship ID (Top right box in the options window) to it's ID, I think that one is PLAYER_SHIP_ROCK
StealthCl0wn

Postby StealthCl0wn » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:54 pm

You're the best <3 Layout and img can be named anything, right?
Darkfrost

Postby Darkfrost » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:19 am

Yeah, but I think the layout need to match the name of your layout txt file, and the img one matches the name of your png files without the prefix on the end

(The layout should be exported with that name automatically if you use that .ftl export, but I think you'll need to drop in the png yourself)