[TOOL]FTLEdit: FTL Ship editor [v0.95 11th Jan] Open source!

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
SSk77

Re: [MOD TOOL][WIP] FTL Ship editor

Postby SSk77 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:44 pm

Please, register and post your mod here:

http://ftlmods.forumeiro.com/
Retaliation

Postby Retaliation » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:49 pm

I am loving all these programs and libraries popping up, I feel like I need to get in on this! This game is gonna get even better.

EDIT:
SSk77 wrote:Please, register and post your mod here:

By the way, nice site! Looks like you just put it up. Hopefully we can fill it with some awesome mods.
SSk77

Postby SSk77 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:09 pm

Retaliation wrote:I am loving all these programs and libraries popping up, I feel like I need to get in on this! This game is gonna get even better.

EDIT:
SSk77 wrote:Please, register and post your mod here:

By the way, nice site! Looks like you just put it up. Hopefully we can fill it with some awesome mods.

Thanks, register there and help we grow!
Darkfrost

Postby Darkfrost » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:23 pm

Started work on the XML loading :)
All the weapon data etc is loaded from the XML, so if you're added a bunch of custom weapons, no problem, they'll show up (I might add a weapon editor too at some point, dunno, would people want this?)
Love FTL? Wish you could fly around in the USS Enterprise, the Tardis, or a ship that looks just like your own face? Check out FTLEdit, a ship editor for FTL, so you can create your own custom ships and play them!
Don't forget to share them too! :)
Drasha

Postby Drasha » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:38 pm

A weapon editor would be cool. Its looking pretty good so far.
send me a message with a link if you see spam and I will take care of it.
Darkfrost

Postby Darkfrost » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:38 pm

So, pretty major question - How streamlined would you like this to be?

Should it spit out just the xml for the ship, or automatically replace whatever ship you edited in the blueprints.xml file? Or even repack it back into the data.dat? Or just export a file to be loaded into that mod manager?

Or, add options for all of the above? I'm not quite sure how people would want to use it, so feedback is awesome :) Bear in mind more options takes longer, what would you want the most?
Love FTL? Wish you could fly around in the USS Enterprise, the Tardis, or a ship that looks just like your own face? Check out FTLEdit, a ship editor for FTL, so you can create your own custom ships and play them!
Don't forget to share them too! :)
StealthCl0wn

Postby StealthCl0wn » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:46 pm

Darkfrost wrote:So, pretty major question - How streamlined would you like this to be?

Should it spit out just the xml for the ship, or automatically replace whatever ship you edited in the blueprints.xml file? Or even repack it back into the data.dat? Or just export a file to be loaded into that mod manager?

Or, add options for all of the above? I'm not quite sure how people would want to use it, so feedback is awesome :) Bear in mind more options takes longer, what would you want the most?

It'd be great if you could replace *any* ship with an edited variant. It'd also be great if you could load enemy ship layouts in and use those. As for repacking it... well, that'd be helpful, but the repacker GUI is always there for me, so it's secondary in necessity
Doom Lich

Postby Doom Lich » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:48 pm

The interface looks so good... I can't wait until you release it.
Dogon11

Postby Dogon11 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:55 am

How will we get the ships themselves? Can we import images to go behind the ship?

I ask these because I want to make a giant TARDIS.
StarVision

Postby StarVision » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:44 am

Dogon11 wrote:How will we get the ships themselves? Can we import images to go behind the ship?

I ask these because I want to make a giant TARDIS.

Not if I beat you to it.