[MOD][WIP] Foundation of the Federation

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Anthonest

Re: [MOD][WIP] Foundation of the Federation

Postby Anthonest » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:03 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:I would say that if it was finished, sadly it isn't and some ships got major bugs. Maybe Anthonest you can join up with Whale cancer? Whale kinda left because he had issues modding ftl because ftl doesn't have mod support from devs and such, tons of hardcoding and all.

If i wasent so busy with my own mod I would love to help him.
Neodaemo

Postby Neodaemo » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:44 am

Hey, this idea looks great. Once it's finished I'd be glad to download and try it :D
Here's some suggestions I think would be cool to incorporate:
Rebel ships: I'm sure most people would think that the rebels didn't simply construct ALL of their own ships, other than the flagship, so you should include those as playable ships too, maybe, but colored in Federation style. I've already worked on one like this, in fact. One of the Elite Fighters. Not sure how it would work though, with there already being nine ships.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:44 am

Neodaemo, sorry to break it to you but this mod will not be continued (at least by original modder) until Overdrive is out.

That and this mod was set quite further back then when rebels appeared, even in terms of rebels appearing, the idea was abandoned.

The mod is also stated abandoned by whale cancer himself.

My mod (FTL: EB) is planned to be modular so it has a core set of events I will continuously update and such but will have faction specific quests as well.

And that's all the basics. I think also a CE compatibility one.

The story and ships are specific to a certain race. Currently I am doing the Engi. (specifically the Engi Brigade of the Federation) After that I will make new ships and story to go with the next focus.

I will end it there and will not give out any promises.

On other news, Anthonest and I are working on both our overhauls, perhaps when we get both down, me and him can continue whale cancers work.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Neodaemo

Postby Neodaemo » Fri May 02, 2014 1:38 am

Actually, just after posting that, I got the idea to create my own mod of such an idea. It's got currently two ships, an elite fighter and a manned auto-assault (The latter looks terrible, and I'm going to redo it) and I'm working on a third, a large crusier that's a toned-down mod of the Flagship. Next after that will be a Rigger. I plan on making the Type B's the original rebel ships. Also, in the memory of this planned mod, I started writing a book about the Federation's rise,
titled, Rise of the Federation. (Book 1)
zabing12

Postby zabing12 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:34 am

Falcon:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!