Here's the latest update:
1. I recently received an email from Matthew Davis with complaints similar to those of Sleeper Service.
I won't go into details, but the point is that I can't use most of the graphical assets I have in the game right now.
2. Initially I wanted Tachyon to look exactly the same(or as close as possible) as FTL.
But apparently that was a wrong thing to wish for. Because in this case I can't go with this game to public as a commercial project.
3. Also I think Auron1 and Sleeper Service have some points there.
4. So I've decided to stop developing Tachyon(As a multiplayer version of FTL).
5. Soon I will release the latest version of the game a0.7 with the full story-line scenario on itch.io, so you can have a try at it.
6. But this doesn't mean that I'm going to stop developing the game completely.
7. I've decided that I will now dedicate most of my time to finding a pixel art artist that will want to join my project.
8. Also, since I no longer need to have the game looking like FTL, I am going to redesign it, and move the whole theme from space, to underwater.
9. I'm gona have my self some submarines instead of spaceships
10. The core mechanics will stay the same(most probably), I might add some new features related to water though.
11. Also I will need to rename the project to something original that is not used by any other game.
12. This also means that I will most probably move my dev log updates from this forum to some other place, not yet sure where to exactly.
13. If you have any suggestions - they are as always welcome.
14. If you have any ideas on how to move the whole space theme/sector jumps/hyperspace/and so on to underwater - they are also welcome.
15. If you know any good pixel art artists that might be interested in joining the project - send them in: Skype: kcd.Spektor Email: kcd.Spektor@gmail.com
I am willing to pay off their work after the game sells, or we can agree on some rev share.
16. Many thanks to everyone for the support so far.