Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Chickengames

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby Chickengames » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:20 pm

Some time way down the road, it might be possible to make this a mobile app. I don't expect it soon if it ever does, but that would be really cool to see.
kcd.Spektor

Postby kcd.Spektor » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:40 am

Chickengames wrote:Some time way down the road, it might be possible to make this a mobile app. I don't expect it soon if it ever does, but that would be really cool to see.

Funny thing is that first compilations of the game were running on android as well :D
Actually the very first thing I've built for the game was the ship editor, that I used to run on my smartphone, so I could create ship layouts while I was on my way to work or going back home :P

If all goes well It is possible to make it work on mobile devices.
Hak86

Postby Hak86 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:35 am

kcd.Spektor wrote:
Chickengames wrote:Some time way down the road, it might be possible to make this a mobile app. I don't expect it soon if it ever does, but that would be really cool to see.

Funny thing is that first compilations of the game were running on android as well :D
Actually the very first thing I've built for the game was the ship editor, that I used to run on my smartphone, so I could create ship layouts while I was on my way to work or going back home :P

Speaking of the ship editor...
do you think you can add a scroll bar or something on both sides of the editor. Because when you have too many weapons or ship models of a certain race, you can only pick from a selection of all of the models (the list is so long it goes off the screen :| ).
I'm sure I am not the only one with this problem.
This is a bad signature. :|
kcd.Spektor

Postby kcd.Spektor » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:07 am

Hak86 wrote:Speaking of the ship editor...
do you think you can add a scroll bar or something on both sides of the editor. Because when you have too many weapons or ship models of a certain race, you can only pick from a selection of all of the models (the list is so long it goes off the screen :| ).

You are referring to the shipyard system not the ship editor.
But indeed this was bugging me for a long time too.
So I've added some page selection buttons to solve this.
They will be there in the next update.
Hak86

Postby Hak86 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:55 pm

kcd.Spektor wrote:
Hak86 wrote:Speaking of the ship editor...

You are referring to the shipyard system not the ship editor.
But indeed this was bugging me for a long time too.
So I've added some page selection buttons to solve this.
They will be there in the next update.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, *Repeat* :D
This is a bad signature. :|
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:16 pm

kcd.Spektor wrote:

That'd be cool to see. I'd definitely play it along with the original game itself. And what os are you making it for?
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:16 pm

kcd.Spektor wrote:

That'd be cool to see. I'd definitely play it along with the original game itself. And what os are you making it for? (Not mobile right here)
kcd.Spektor

Postby kcd.Spektor » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:37 am

Chickengames wrote:That'd be cool to see. I'd definitely play it along with the original game itself. And what os are you making it for?

Right now I'm focusing on the desktop application. Since it's written on java it can be run on Windows, Linux and Mac.
As for mobile possibilities - the reason I've decided to make games using libgdx is that it allows to write 1 java code and then export it to: Desktop, Android or IPhone.
kcd.Spektor

Postby kcd.Spektor » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:05 pm

Hi all, here's the latest update:

Currently I'm working hard on the scenario.
As of now I have generated all gen ships and stations that are needed for the main storyline.
I've created enough Weapon models to have some variety in the game.
Also I've made enough Pirate Gen ships to have some encounters on the way.
Plus some Trading stations.
Right now I'm working on writing dialogue files for the main storyline, and generating event files for main storyline and pirate/trader ecounters.
I have a lot of side quests/encounters planned, but I will not imclude them in the first version, because I need to record a video for Steam Greenlight asap.

This all means that soon(hopefully) I will release the b0.1 version of the game.
And I want to have a closed beta test of the first version of my scenario.
During the CBT I want to make some recordings from which I can montage the Trailer for Steam GL.

I need players that want to participate in the CBT.

Requirements:
1. Since the game has some naration in it - like NPCs telling you what to do and where to go, someone will have to read what NPCs say and tell it to other players.
Because NPCs don't say the same thing to every player, as soon as the quest is initiated NPC will have something new to say.
I wan't all players to be aware of what's going on and where the plot leads.
So this means that all CBT players will have to be on a skype group call.
So req #1 - being able to engage in a skype group call.

2. I'm not sure yet how long can a full play-through take in time. But in any case I need players that can stay in the game for at least 1-2 ours.
Because we will be playing as a team on 1 ship, and if someone just leaves as soon as we make the first 2 jumps - well this sucks.

3. Enjoy playing Tachyon and not be a douche bag. ;)

4. I need to record the game play for the trailer, but my own laptop is quite old and probably won't handle a game recording, plus I will be controlling the server side.
So I need players that can record the game(it is important that the recording goes with the game sounds BUT without the skype talks)

5. If I come up with some more requirements I will add them here.

Basically req #1, 2 and 3 are mandatory.
Req #4 is optional but I really need some players that can do the recording.

If you qualify and want to participate - please post here.
I will announce the aprox CBT date when I finish making the events, then we can agree on the exact date and time.
Galactix

Postby Galactix » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:32 pm

Hello !
This is the first time I post here.
I really like your game and how it's inspired by FTL. I played a couple hours yet but also played 35 hours on FTL. I'd like to know if you have any idea of the amount of players required and if you have any idea of the date of this event. I'd be intrested in participating, so I could enjoy playing with a team of people !
The fact this game is more turned like with a real-time battle aspect is really cool, it means you have to manage your problems with a short reaction time and be able to manage the strategic aspect at the same time, which is great and really well turned in your game !
I could play 2 hours any day, but more Wednesday or in the week-end to be sure I could play 1-2 hours in a row because of my school timetable and my homework. I'd really enjoy playing with a whole crew, since it would be way more interesting and very more useful to reply to anything that could happen in a battle. Also, about that recording option. Depending if the CBT version isn't more laggy than the a0.6, I assume I could probably record for you then !

Best regards,
Galactix.