Here's the latest update.
Version a06 is out.
IMPORTANT: a06 only contains events for a tutorial. Nothing more.
For the a06 I've added lots of new mechanics, AIs and other event related stuff.
And right now I'm workin on a full playable coop scenario.
So if you want to play an open wolrd MMO style game, like it was for the previous versions,
you should either stick to the version that JRB's server is working on, or wait for the later version that will have this kind of events.
OR you can take the latest version of the game and make your own events and everything else for an MMO server.
In any case - your feed back on the tutorial would be appreciated.
1. Added NPCs
2. Evasion % is now visible in the engines system screen
3. Added full screen support - changed in settings menu
4. Reduced local and hyper jump time
5. Decreased O2 replenishment time for players
6. When any ship enteres sector, all ships in that sector(including the entered one) now loose stored energy in weapons
7. HyperSpace time limit set to 30 sec
8. Tutorial (Note - tutorial ends when you can leave the starting sector)
9. NPC_TALKER (sends messages to chat)
10. NPC_REPAIRMAN AI (repairs systems and breaches)
11. NPC_FIREMAN AI (puts out fires)
12. NPC_LIFESUPPORT AI (Makes NPC go to med bay when low on health and to O2 room when low on oxygen)
13. NPC_WORKER AI (Makes NPC go to system rooms and look as if he's working there)
14. Player <-> NPC dialogue mechanic. Click on an NPC to start dialogue.
15. NPCs that can talk have an icon above them.
16. To talk with npcs you need to be in the same room with them, in 1 cell range.
17. Comms page added to piloting system screen. From there you can remotely access shops and talk to NPCs(if they have a remote dialogue configured)
18. Added Chained events mechanic (events when triggered, trigger other events)
19. Added Events trigered by dialogue mechanic (Events that happen when you talk to NPCs)
20. Added Sector conditions mechanic (used in events and dialogue reply options)
21. Added Ship conditions mechanic (used in events and dialogue reply options)
22. Added Mob(NPC/Player) conditions mechanic (used in events and dialogue reply options)
23. Server variable condition mechanic (used in events and dialogue reply options)
24. Added Level affecting events mechanic
25. Added Ship affecting events mechanic
26. Added Mob(NPC/Player) affecting events mechanic
27. Added "Set server variable" event mechanic
28. Refactored event loading algorithm
29. Made engines and HyperDrive charge faster when ship is out of combat
30. Remade example.xml2 for events (Event file that contains all possible commands)
31. Created example.xml2 for dialogues (Dialogue file that contains all possible commands)
Who is interested in making own events and scenarios - check out the example.xml2 files.
Also a bit later I will make the model.xml2 files for events and dialogues that will contain details on new event and dialogue mechanic possibilities.
And don't forget to check out the config.cfg file in the server folder. It has new server parameters that you can tweak.
If you have any questions to hesitate to ask.