Page 104 of 164

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Posted: Fri May 20, 2016 5:20 pm
by kcd.Spektor
jrb00001 wrote:And where can I download it? The version from itch.io says a0.4.4.

Updated itch.io file

jrb00001 wrote:The game did crash or freeze after that stacktraces. It happens randomly between 10 seconds and 30 minutes (perhaps even more) after a restart (and connect) of the client. It does not seem to make a difference whether I am doing nothing or playing normally. The game might have continued to work after the first stacktrace, but it crashed on the second one every time (and the first one is not there most of the time). The third one seems to happen on exit of the jvm.

There's just one thing I don't understand, you say that you get this exception quite often, but I can play for many hours on, and never get any exceptions. :(
There must be something different in the way we play.

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Posted: Fri May 20, 2016 5:36 pm
by jrb00001
kcd.Spektor wrote:
jrb00001 wrote:The game did crash or freeze after that stacktraces. It happens randomly between 10 seconds and 30 minutes (perhaps even more) after a restart (and connect) of the client. It does not seem to make a difference whether I am doing nothing or playing normally. The game might have continued to work after the first stacktrace, but it crashed on the second one every time (and the first one is not there most of the time). The third one seems to happen on exit of the jvm.

There's just one thing I don't understand, you say that you get this exception quite often, but I can play for many hours on, and never get any exceptions. :(
There must be something different in the way we play.

I see three differences:
  • I always use the launcher
  • I connect over IPv6
  • I use linux
It was much better before a0.4.3. It should not be a different in the way we play because I get that crash in very different situations (doing nothing, killing pirates, "walking" around in space, etc.).

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Posted: Fri May 20, 2016 5:43 pm
by Manters
About an hour gave me this.

Image

May still need a bit of work, but that's the base I'm intending on drawing from.

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Posted: Fri May 20, 2016 6:07 pm
by jrb00001
a0.4.5 seems to have a bug where the whole window becomes black. Bear and I had it.

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Posted: Fri May 20, 2016 6:12 pm
by kcd.Spektor
jrb00001 wrote:a0.4.5 seems to have a bug where the whole window becomes black. Bear and I had it.

So the game is unplayable now?

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Posted: Fri May 20, 2016 6:15 pm
by jrb00001
kcd.Spektor wrote:
jrb00001 wrote:a0.4.5 seems to have a bug where the whole window becomes black. Bear and I had it.

So the game is unplayable now?

I had that bug two times in 30 minutes.

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Posted: Fri May 20, 2016 6:17 pm
by agigabyte
I'm on the newest version, and tried to connect to the game. I've got the Tachyon Universe file downloaded. First I tried the one that was automatically there, 127.0.0.1 with port 30303. That didn't work.

I also switched over to the one it says to use in the original post for if you don't have the tachyonuniverse file. That didn't work.

Did I install the file in the wrong place? I put it in server.

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Posted: Fri May 20, 2016 6:39 pm
by jrb00001
agigabyte wrote:I'm on the newest version, and tried to connect to the game. I've got the Tachyon Universe file downloaded. First I tried the one that was automatically there, 127.0.0.1 with port 30303. That didn't work.

I also switched over to the one it says to use in the original post for if you don't have the tachyonuniverse file. That didn't work.

Did I install the file in the wrong place? I put it in server.

Two ways:
  • Download a0.4.5 from the link in the first post and fill the connect dialog with the address and the port from the first post.
  • Click the launcher download link and click the link called "Link". Open the downloaded file if it does not open it automatically. It should show a few security dialogs and a settings dialog, start the game and automatically connect to the server.

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Posted: Fri May 20, 2016 6:42 pm
by agigabyte
I did both of those already.

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Posted: Fri May 20, 2016 6:43 pm
by jrb00001
agigabyte wrote:I did both of those already.

And what error messages did you get?