Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
EmpressLexi

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby EmpressLexi » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:16 pm

everything okay?
Srul

Postby Srul » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:24 am

EmpressLexi wrote:everything okay?

no recent posts
spektor is idle
the forum is dead

twas a cool hokku that represents what is happening right now.
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:57 am

I am your new leader, forum!

Bow to King Chickengames! Your old leader is gone, dead, and will never be seen again! Spektor has left you, the people, to fend for yourselves. The forum mods have left years ago, and have left their vast empire to rot in neglect. Many have died off, left for new lands, or resorted to lurking and stealing. But you few that are here are the hardened ones! The best of the best! The ones who have held out to the very end! Users join our kingdom weekly, but only to make a single post and then move on. I say this must stop! We are but a fraction of what this kingdom once was. On that day, November 30, 2012, this kingdom was at its peak. I intend this day to be held in regard as equal to that day, and even greater, as the day King Chickengames became ruler and made this kingdom greater than any before it! Yes! This very day! January 1, 2017! The new year has never started more right! I plan to revive our trade systems! I will keep out the non-contributors, and award those who draw in more to these dying threads! I will change the very ways we trade, and what we trade! No longer will we be a forum of dead RPs and dying mods! The users will unite! We will trade in more than just FTL! The off-topic will become our richest port! We will export the popular ideas, the cultures of the internet! We will become a place where all are welcome! We will rival and rise above the likes of Reddit, 4chan, Voat, Twitter, Facebook! But none of this will be possible without you! Without the programmers, artists, scientists, laborers! Even you, the common browser, the regular contributor. We need you to spread the word! We need you to spread ideas of change! All are welcome, and all are needed! Together we will unite under one name! Together we will take this forum and make it ours! Together we will change this forum from an old, dying, long forgotten corner of the web! Together we unite under one name! Together we form the CHICKEN REPUBLIC!
Srul

Postby Srul » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:13 am

Chickengames wrote:I am your new leader, forum!

Bow to King Chickengames! Your old leader is gone, dead, and will never be seen again! Spektor has left you, the people, to fend for yourselves. The forum mods have left years ago, and have left their vast empire to rot in neglect. Many have died off, left for new lands, or resorted to lurking and stealing. But you few that are here are the hardened ones! The best of the best! The ones who have held out to the very end! Users join our kingdom weekly, but only to make a single post and then move on. I say this must stop! We are but a fraction of what this kingdom once was. On that day, November 30, 2012, this kingdom was at its peak. I intend this day to be held in regard as equal to that day, and even greater, as the day King Chickengames became ruler and made this kingdom greater than any before it! Yes! This very day! January 1, 2017! The new year has never started more right! I plan to revive our trade systems! I will keep out the non-contributors, and award those who draw in more to these dying threads! I will change the very ways we trade, and what we trade! No longer will we be a forum of dead RPs and dying mods! The users will unite! We will trade in more than just FTL! The off-topic will become our richest port! We will export the popular ideas, the cultures of the internet! We will become a place where all are welcome! We will rival and rise above the likes of Reddit, 4chan, Voat, Twitter, Facebook! But none of this will be possible without you! Without the programmers, artists, scientists, laborers! Even you, the common browser, the regular contributor. We need you to spread the word! We need you to spread ideas of change! All are welcome, and all are needed! Together we will unite under one name! Together we will take this forum and make it ours! Together we will change this forum from an old, dying, long forgotten corner of the web! Together we unite under one name! Together we form the CHICKEN REPUBLIC!

Fucking roleplayers, when will all of you fukken die?
And chicken republic sounds derpy, name it "THE GREATEST HIDEOUT FOR REVOLUTIONARIES IN THE INTERNET" or "BDSM GAY CLUB FOR TROTSKYISTS ONLY! NOW WITH FREE ENTRANCE!".
xNxExOx

Postby xNxExOx » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:36 am

Big promises, but when will be the next version? :D
kcd.Spektor

Postby kcd.Spektor » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:05 am

Happy new year everyone!

Here's the first update in this year:

Some of you thought that I was iddle, but actually I was working hard on the game.
I've found the artist for the game, and am currently working with him on the new design.
Here's a small preview of main ingame interface design:
It's not a final version and might change, but you can get some ideas from it ;)

While the artist is working on the art, I was working mainly on 2 new features (and fixing some bugs):
1. Changing the game controls from WASD to mouse clicking.
This is done for 2 reasons:
First of all new players find it hard to grasp the current controls, and simple mouse clicking should make it easier for them.
And second is that in future we plan on making the mobile version of the game. :)

2. Adding the mob fighting mechanic.
Meaning - shooting mob to mob, break-opening doors and breaking systems from within.

And I can tell you that the hardest part for both of them is done.

What's left:
For the new controls I just need to add the auto repair/extinguish fire.
For the mob fights - add the possibility for mobs/players to break ship systems from inside the room. And add the new mob AI for boarders and defenders.
Also want to add the systems hacking, and ship hijacking before I release the new version.

For now all mobs/players will probably have the same weapon and gear.
And later I will add the mob inventory, together with new shops that will sell mob gear.

As always - any questions, feed back, ideas and suggestions are welcome. :)

P.S.
Was anyone able to make a video playthrough of the a0.7 version?
xNxExOx

Postby xNxExOx » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:01 am

When I see the new GUI, I get an idea that should be easy to implement and solve the problem of priority repair hull / repair system extinguish fire.
When player enter the room, where are multiple options the game will select the last used option and show new buttons around character(. or at the bottom of screen is now enough empty space), these buttons will allow player to select another action based on situation.
If there is hole in the hull I do NOT need to extinguish fire and I can repair system first.

The new GUI look good, when we can expect it? Just guess, not exact date. Weeks / Months?

P.S.
If I can have another request, plese can you add some GUI scaling for bigger monitors?
It is all very small on 4K monitor.

Thanks in advance for all your future work on game,
If you will need any help wit programming feel free to ask :)
zooperz

Postby zooperz » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:47 pm

I am worried about accidentally clicking off-ship; making you walk out of an airlock. FTL didn't let you leave the ship (which is stupid, EVA is a much better idea). Maybe make it so if you click off-ship you only go to the airlock, and then you have to click off ship again to prevent accidents? Just thinking about those with butter-fingers( and don't want to stop eating them to play the game :P) Some kind of off- ship confirmation would be nice, IMO
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:36 pm

xNxExOx wrote:

Big promises, but when will be the next version? :D

The promises of my rule know no bounds. We will take this forum for the Republic! Do you join me, xNxExOx?

Srul wrote:

Fucking roleplayers, when will all of you fukken die?
And chicken republic sounds derpy, name it "THE GREATEST HIDEOUT FOR REVOLUTIONARIES IN THE INTERNET" or "BDSM GAY CLUB FOR TROTSKYISTS ONLY! NOW WITH FREE ENTRANCE!".

Even though I can do nothing now, that comment will be on the wall of my internet palace as a sign to the doubters. I will show the ambassadors from other City-Sites this in its frame, a tribute to the days when we were but a single man, and how some thought we would accomplish nothing. I now appoint you, Srul, as jester.

kcd.Spektor wrote:Happy new year everyone!

Here's the first update in this year:

Some of you thought that I was iddle, but actually I was working hard on the game.
I've found the artist for the game, and am currently working with him on the new design.
Here's a small preview of main ingame interface design:
It's not a final version and might change, but you can get some ideas from it ;)

While the artist is working on the art, I was working mainly on 2 new features (and fixing some bugs):
1. Changing the game controls from WASD to mouse clicking.
This is done for 2 reasons:
First of all new players find it hard to grasp the current controls, and simple mouse clicking should make it easier for them.
And second is that in future we plan on making the mobile version of the game. :)

2. Adding the mob fighting mechanic.
Meaning - shooting mob to mob, break-opening doors and breaking systems from within.

And I can tell you that the hardest part for both of them is done.

What's left:
For the new controls I just need to add the auto repair/extinguish fire.
For the mob fights - add the possibility for mobs/players to break ship systems from inside the room. And add the new mob AI for boarders and defenders.
Also want to add the systems hacking, and ship hijacking before I release the new version.

For now all mobs/players will probably have the same weapon and gear.
And later I will add the mob inventory, together with new shops that will sell mob gear.

As always - any questions, feed back, ideas and suggestions are welcome. :)

P.S.
Was anyone able to make a video playthrough of the a0.7 version?

I like the new GUI. Can you tell us who the artist is? How much are you going to have to redesign?
jrb00001

Postby jrb00001 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:11 pm

kcd.Spektor wrote:Here's a small preview of main ingame interface design:

Did anybody read the name of the ship? If that doesn't change, the story might be based on Star Control 2? You can play an improved version of that game for free from here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/urquanmastershd/. WARNING: This is a heavily exploration based game and you need patience. You probably want to enable Setup --> Advanced Options --> Cheat Mode to have infinite time.