Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Reaperisonline

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby Reaperisonline » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:52 pm

not sure if bug, but reporting anyway

jumped from 111:154 to 106:157 at 21:45 UTC.
clicked 'install' module at the same time the jump occurred.
normally when u jump the install button will grey out, making it impossible to build.
instead the background became white as seen in pic, and javascript became unresponsive.

no damage done tho, logged in with another instance, ship was still in FTL
jrb00001

Postby jrb00001 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:28 pm

We killed those two RAI bosses today and it was way too easy (we had 5 BS and 1 CR). We are going to try 4 bosses next time.
Video can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4Bb0M4tKvU
Original file: https://static-692b8c32.de/tachyonunive ... 258-02.flv
jrb00001

Postby jrb00001 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:58 pm

Found a bug: There were two players: "Bishop" and Bishop ". They were both in the "Players/Players.lst" had their own directory. One of them moved as we did a hyper jump. The other one didn't. The "Universe/X175Y198/players.dat" had two entries for "Bishop" (after the hyper jump).

Things that didn't work:
  • Relog
  • Restart the client
  • Restart the server
  • Do a local jump
  • Do a hyper jump
  • Set spawn point and die

The way to fix it:
  • Delete "Bishop " from "Players/Players.lst"
  • Delete "Players/Bishop "
  • Delete the second copy of "Bishop" from "Universe/X175Y198/players.dat"
kcd.Spektor

Postby kcd.Spektor » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:36 am

Reaperisonline wrote:not sure if bug, but reporting anyway

There was probably a nullpointer :D
Thanks for reporting it, I will have a look into it later.
Bishop

Possible Glitches

Postby Bishop » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:50 pm

Hi. Firstly, let me say I love this game. It's everything i felt FTL should have been. So thank you for that.

Secondly, I've found that when i sell my ship the amount i get over rights the amount i already had on me. So if i had 300 and i sold my ship for 700 instead of having 1000 i'd only have 700.

Thirdly, when I buy a new ship the engine won't allow me the option to travel any further then one sector n the map despite how much i upgrade my engine.

And finally, is there a way to save you progress if you play offline. (Hosting on your own server)

Besides that, this is a great game.
Thank you.

Bishop.
jrb00001

Re: Possible Glitches

Postby jrb00001 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:48 pm

Bishop wrote:Hi. Firstly, let me say I love this game. It's everything i felt FTL should have been. So thank you for that.

Secondly, I've found that when i sell my ship the amount i get over rights the amount i already had on me. So if i had 300 and i sold my ship for 700 instead of having 1000 i'd only have 700.

Thirdly, when I buy a new ship the engine won't allow me the option to travel any further then one sector n the map despite how much i upgrade my engine.

And finally, is there a way to save you progress if you play offline. (Hosting on your own server)

Thank you.

Bishop.

Did you have the 300 in your character or on the ship? If on the ship, that is expected as it is added to the price of the ship.

The engine doesn't allow you to do hyper jumps, you need the hyperdrive for that. With bigger ships, it is possible that you don't even get a single sector without better / more HDs.

Progress is saved automatically all 5? 10? minutes. If you want to stop the server, use "/save <enter> /exit" or click the X of the window to save the progress and stop the server.
Bishop

Postby Bishop » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:24 pm

jrb00001 wrote:
Bishop wrote:Hi. Firstly, let me say I love this game. It's everything i felt FTL should have been. So thank you for that.

Thank you.

Bishop.

Did you have the 300 in your character or on the ship? If on the ship, that is expected as it is added to the price of the ship.

The engine doesn't allow you to do hyper jumps, you need the hyperdrive for that. With bigger ships, it is possible that you don't even get a single sector without better / more HDs.

Progress is saved automatically all 5? 10? minutes. If you want to stop the server, use "/save <enter> /exit" or click the X of the window to save the progress and stop the server.

I'm sure the 300 was on my character. (can see the scrap on your ship if your at the ship store?)
Sorry, I meant Hyperdrive. I bought a Light Scout (LS3) and had a Small HD upgraded to MK3.

Thanks for your help.
jrb00001

Postby jrb00001 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:36 pm

Bishop wrote:
jrb00001 wrote:

Thank you.

Bishop.

I'm sure the 300 was on my character. (can see the scrap on your ship if your at the ship store?)
Sorry, I meant Hyperdrive. I bought a Light Scout (LS3) and had a Small HD upgraded to MK3.

Thanks for your help.

You can see both while your are somewhere on the ship (left side is ship, middle is character).

An LS should be able to jump about two sectors with a single small HD MK1, I think.
kcd.Spektor

Postby kcd.Spektor » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:48 am

Thanks for the kind words, just what I needed to get a bit more inspiration to continue developing. :)

As for the bugs, what jrb says is mostly right.
Except that if you sell a ship that still has scrap in it's cargo - you will only get a portion of that scrap back.
Bishop

Postby Bishop » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:29 am

kcd.Spektor wrote:

Thanks for the kind words, just what I needed to get a bit more inspiration to continue developing. :)

As for the bugs, what jrb says is mostly right.
Except that if you sell a ship that still has scrap in it's cargo - you will only get a portion of that scrap back.

Thanks for the reply.
No I was definitely in the ship shop so I wouldn't have been able to see the ships scrap. also I had emptied the ship of all it's scrap because I was going to sell it and I needed that scrap to help buy the new ship.

The HD on the LS3 would only let me jump to one sector in each direction, Is that normal?.

I'm going to play the game again to try to replicate the same situation just to verify.