Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
zayne

Stations?

Postby zayne » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:12 am

what are they for i have got a few and even got one working ive installed engines and hyper drive but it refuses to move are they not mobile? as in can they not jump i think ive seen em jump before
jrb00001

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby jrb00001 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:11 pm

Offlithium wrote:nobody on the server actually plays...

There aren't many players actively playing the game. But Bear and I played like 3 hours per day this week. Although it is also possible to play alone, you might want to play with a friend because it becomes easier together. If you need help, use the F1 help screen and / or ask in the chat. You will get an answer if somebody else is playing / online in irc (please check the afk status).

zayne wrote:what are they for i have got a few and even got one working ive installed engines and hyper drive but it refuses to move are they not mobile? as in can they not jump i think ive seen em jump before

You can move stations with a local jump but that takes forever to charge (>3 hours, I think). Hyper jump is not possible because you can't put enough hyper drives on it to jump a single sector (and it would take even longer than the local jump). You can use them as storage for things you don't want to loose on death. Their biggest advantage is that they shoot back, like the station at spawn (obviously, you need to install weapons on them).
The_Bear

Postby The_Bear » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:39 pm

Me and jrb are doing the boss battle again, be online at 10:00 UTC if you want to join. The admin ship will take you there from spawn like last time.
jrb00001

Postby jrb00001 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:39 pm

The_Bear wrote:Me and jrb are doing the boss battle again, be online at 10:00 UTC if you want to join. The admin ship will take you there from spawn like last time.

We plan to have 2 cruisers and 2 battleships. Please tell us on which ship you want to help.
zayne

Postby zayne » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:11 pm

zayne wrote:what are they for i have got a few and even got one working ive installed engines and hyper drive but it refuses to move are they not mobile? as in can they not jump i think ive seen em jump before

You can move stations with a local jump but that takes forever to charge (>3 hours, I think). Hyper jump is not possible because you can't put enough hyper drives on it to jump a single sector (and it would take even longer than the local jump). You can use them as storage for things you don't want to loose on death. Their biggest advantage is that they shoot back, like the station at spawn (obviously, you need to install weapons on them).[/quote]

so it is technically possable to move em i have seen personally a station hyperjump i just wonder how they did it and i was wondering how you get em to do it i mean can you literally fill a station with hyperdrives and make it jump at some point?
The_Bear

Postby The_Bear » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:17 pm

zayne wrote:

You can move stations with a local jump but that takes forever to charge (>3 hours, I think). Hyper jump is not possible because you can't put enough hyper drives on it to jump a single sector (and it would take even longer than the local jump). You can use them as storage for things you don't want to loose on death. Their biggest advantage is that they shoot back, like the station at spawn (obviously, you need to install weapons on them).

so it is technically possable to move em i have seen personally a station hyperjump i just wonder how they did it and i was wondering how you get em to do it i mean can you literally fill a station with hyperdrives and make it jump at some point?[/quote]
It cant hyperjump.
zayne

alrighty how about capturing enemy ships

Postby zayne » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:34 pm

can you board an enemy vessel and take it over? for yerself?
The_Bear

Re: alrighty how about capturing enemy ships

Postby The_Bear » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:37 pm

zayne wrote:can you board an enemy vessel and take it over? for yerself?

Not yet, but you will probebly be able to in alpha 0.6.
SciGuy303

Postby SciGuy303 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:55 am

When I try to connect to a server it says 'unable to connect'. I've entered the correct address and port and it still is unable to connect. Help is appreciated.
I do random stuff and surf on the fourms. That's about it.
jrb00001

Postby jrb00001 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:00 am

SciGuy303 wrote:When I try to connect to a server it says 'unable to connect'. I've entered the correct address and port and it still is unable to connect. Help is appreciated.

Adress: tachyonuniverse.692b8c32.de
Port: 30303
It should work because there are currently 3 players online. Do you have a special firewall / broken IPv6 connection?