Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
kcd.Spektor

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby kcd.Spektor » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:21 pm

Client had some dev settings left on.
And server had the script for generating 3000 Rogue AI stations - broken :P

Fixed version is uploading.
The_Bear

Postby The_Bear » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:23 pm

So I dont get to use the dev shop :(
The_Bear

Postby The_Bear » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:26 pm

kcd.Spektor wrote:
The_Bear wrote:The spiders have their own ships :shock:

Well the mantis did :)

The mantis was intelligent, the spiders in FTL are just animals and are probebly stronger than the mantis, but whats wrong about super op races that makes it so when you get borded by them its game over unless you have your anti spider droid.

it still says alpha 0.2
kcd.Spektor

Postby kcd.Spektor » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:34 pm

Latest version re-uploaded.

Now I'm off to sleep.
Hope tomorrow we'll be able to do some coop Rogue AI hunting :D
personman61

Postby personman61 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:40 am

Great update! :)
AI have killed me, therefore dying is possible. Thou not scary just yet, since we don't lose much progress. My next request for the next update is more systems/weapons, currency, and more events. This will allow players to start fearing losing their loot and ship. Which is a ironically fun feeling, and is a path I hope the game follow.

Ideas I have for the game,
- Some way to name sectors or better names for sectors/areas. Like how in ftl some sectors are home worlds and etc. Maybe a device that can be set down to name the sector or send out a repeating message from a sector. This device could attract both player and AI ships. Maybe spawn in for players to see events and quests.
- Some way to warp between stations, like a warp gate. This make meeting up with your friends that are farther away easier. Like you and your buddies find a friendly station and both input a warp key. Then it opens the warp hole.
- Some way to make clouds and nebula that hides ships from sensor out side the sector and/or improve your miss chance.
- A system that helps other ships, like a shield projector, energy transmitter, and repairing. This make multiple types of ships and purposes. I just think ships need to preform and feel different to play.

GREAT WORK AGAIN!
jrb00001

Postby jrb00001 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:47 am

kcd.Spektor wrote:Hope jrb(or any one else) will host the new server version, and we can all try to clear out as many Rogue AI stations as possible.

The server is updated.
Adress: spaceteam.692b8c32.de
Port: 30303
Manters

Postby Manters » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:02 am

Having just given it a playthrough, I've concluded the following:

Game works fine, though I think there should be some warnings for when you're building a ship if you forget a vital system such as a reactor or engines or Oxygen (twice i've built a ship without O2)

Also, the spawn station seems a bit subdued and dead in my opinion, but that can be fixed in future updates. (Plus a list of controls would be great, having someone say hi in a server and then not knowing how to respond is a bit embarrassing) :mrgreen:
kcd.Spektor

Postby kcd.Spektor » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:59 pm

personman61 wrote:AI have killed me, therefore dying is possible. Thou not scary just yet, since we don't lose much progress. My next request for the next update is more systems/weapons, currency, and more events. This will allow players to start fearing losing their loot and ship. Which is a ironically fun feeling, and is a path I hope the game follow.

First I will fix bugs we find testing the 0.3
And then make up a new TODO list.

Ideas I have for the game,
- Some way to name sectors or better names for sectors/areas. Like how in ftl some sectors are home worlds and etc. Maybe a device that can be set down to name the sector or send out a repeating message from a sector. This device could attract both player and AI ships. Maybe spawn in for players to see events and quests.

Something like this is planned.

- Some way to warp between stations, like a warp gate. This make meeting up with your friends that are farther away easier. Like you and your buddies find a friendly station and both input a warp key. Then it opens the warp hole.
- Some way to make clouds and nebula that hides ships from sensor out side the sector and/or improve your miss chance.

There were suggestions on making worm holes and such, so I have made a note of it for later:)

- A system that helps other ships, like a shield projector, energy transmitter, and repairing. This make multiple types of ships and purposes. I just think ships need to preform and feel different to play.

This will probably be done through drone control system later.

GREAT WORK AGAIN!

Manters wrote:Game works fine, though I think there should be some warnings for when you're building a ship if you forget a vital system such as a reactor or engines or Oxygen (twice i've built a ship without O2)

In the normal gameplay there will be a default ship given with starting set up, instead of a dev shipyard.

Also, the spawn station seems a bit subdued and dead in my opinion, but that can be fixed in future updates.

Later there will be mobs and NPCs

(Plus a list of controls would be great, having someone say hi in a server and then not knowing how to respond is a bit embarrassing) :mrgreen:

There's a list of controls in settings menu.
Although it is not accesible from ingame menu right now, and it has no info on how to use chat :P

jrb00001 wrote:The server is updated.

Did some test AI hunting with Bear and jrb.
It was quite fun :)
jrb00001

Postby jrb00001 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:35 pm

The bug with the red line (near the bottom of the screenshot):
ScubaSteve3465

Postby ScubaSteve3465 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:29 pm

Im shocked at how well this is coming, you keep up the amazing work my friend. I cant way to see what else you implement.