Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
kcd.Spektor

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby kcd.Spektor » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:58 am

Hak86 wrote:@Spektor I tested this and I didn't work, where did I go wrong? Am I testing it wrong?
Do you think you could make a guide on the wiki: How to create an event?

The only thing that is not needed in this file is this line:
<event_param only_empty="1"/>
I've removed it form the event params.

Other than that - it's correct and It's working for me.
So I suppose that you just need the latest version of the game to see it working too.

I will release the new version as soon as I get the trailer for the game and post in on Greenlight.

Or if you add me on skype, I can send you the latest build there.
BL00DYzero

Postby BL00DYzero » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:01 am

Hello! Let me start by saying you've done excellent work on this project, and I'm looking forward to seeing how it progresses in the future.

That being said, I've been fiddling with the game a little bit, and certain shops (it appears to be all besides the repair station) seem to not have a price system, causing all their stock in missiles, systems, etc. to be free. I was curious as to whether this is an unfinished feature, or I'm just doing something wrong.

I've noticed that in their system files SYS_SHOP.sys and MIS_SHOP.sys have the variables MAX_PRICE and MIN_PRICE, but they don't seem to actually change anything in game. I've also noticed that the repair station has its price controlled by the config.cfg file.

Would you mind clearing this up for me? It would be much appreciated.
kcd.Spektor

Postby kcd.Spektor » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:04 am

BL00DYzero wrote:Hello! Let me start by saying you've done excellent work on this project, and I'm looking forward to seeing how it progresses in the future.

Hi, and thanks for the kind words. :)
That being said, I've been fiddling with the game a little bit, and certain shops (it appears to be all besides the repair station) seem to not have a price system, causing all their stock in missiles, systems, etc. to be free. I was curious as to whether this is an unfinished feature, or I'm just doing something wrong.
I've noticed that in their system files SYS_SHOP.sys and MIS_SHOP.sys have the variables MAX_PRICE and MIN_PRICE, but they don't seem to actually change anything in game. I've also noticed that the repair station has its price controlled by the config.cfg file.
Would you mind clearing this up for me? It would be much appreciated.

Indeed there's a bug in a0.6 that shops prices don't work.
It's fixed in the next release.
I will make the next release public once I'm done creating the trailer for Greenlight.
If you want - you can participate in the closed beta test of the latest build with single/coop campaing.
For that - just message me on skype(kcd.Spektor) and I will send you the files.
kcd.Spektor

Postby kcd.Spektor » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:11 pm

Manters wrote:I might be able to help with the trailer; what bit are you guys stuck at?

At the beginning :lol:
Manters

Postby Manters » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:02 pm

kcd.Spektor wrote:
Manters wrote:I might be able to help with the trailer; what bit are you guys stuck at?

At the beginning :lol:

:D

I may be able to help with that; I have a few Ideas for a trailer, but need to finish up an animation for my youtube channel, so that should be tomorrow and Sunday, but a I'll try to post my ideas here tomorrow.
kcd.Spektor

Postby kcd.Spektor » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:40 am

Manters wrote:I may be able to help with that; I have a few Ideas for a trailer, but need to finish up an animation for my youtube channel, so that should be tomorrow and Sunday, but a I'll try to post my ideas here tomorrow.

Oh, sorry, I do have a script of what I want to have in the trailer.
There's just nobody to record and montage it.
I can't do it on my laptop, because it's too old. :(
Hak86

Postby Hak86 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:42 am

kcd.Spektor wrote:There's just nobody to record and montage it.

I might be able to help with the montage part, recording I have never done before.
This is a bad signature. :|
Manters

Postby Manters » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:10 pm

Hak86 wrote:
kcd.Spektor wrote:There's just nobody to record and montage it.

I might be able to help with the montage part, recording I have never done before.

I could record the footage. I need to download this again anyway.
kcd.Spektor

Postby kcd.Spektor » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:00 pm

Manters wrote:I could record the footage. I need to download this again anyway.

Then add me on skype(kcd.Spektor) so I can send you the latest version and the script for the Trailer.
Manters

Postby Manters » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:25 pm

kcd.Spektor wrote:Then add me on skype(kcd.Spektor) so I can send you the latest version and the script for the Trailer.

I'll add you tomorrow. It's nearly 10:30 over here and I've powered things off for the night.